White Christmas instrumental duet for reentrant and low G ukuleles

Now I KNOW the season has begun! lol Great job guys - well done. x

How lovely!
We are trying to learn duets and three-ettes too!

A bit early, but good fun

A bit early, but good fun

Thank you! In these parts they start putting up the Christmas decorations the day after Halloween, so ... by those standards we're actually a bit late :)

Playing alone is fun, but playing with other players is funner :)

You are quite right - it is sooooooo much fun making music with others.

I have some friends who will occasionally (maybe twice a year or so) get together with me to play music - but they only want to play guitar and only want us to do heavy rock music. And they don't pick up their instruments and practice between our sessions so the resulting 'noise' is pretty poor.

Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy ALL genres of music, and such times with them I do find fun, but they have no interest in my acoustic playing of guitars, and CERTAINLY don't appreciate my interest in ukulele which they just 'extract the Michael' out of no end.

I have no one else around me - friends or family - who I could get together with musically, and even 'advertising' on relevant 'joinmyband' type websites hasn't come up with anything as they all seem to be full of youngsters who still have ambition to 'rock the world' and be the next big thing; they're not interested in an old fella like me! lol

It IS frustrating, but until that changes and someone comes along, I'm stuck with just enjoying what I do on my own...and THAT'S why I find sites and musical communities like UU so valuable. They give us a chance to interact with others of similar interests and share with them what we accomplish musically. The guys and girls on here are amongst the must supportive and encouraging I've found. So many of the dedicated guitar sites are too full of ego's to be enjoyable for me. The 'world of uke' seems much friendlier in many ways.

You are quite right - it is sooooooo much fun making music with others.

I have some friends who will occasionally (maybe twice a year or so) get together with me to play music - but they only want to play guitar and only want us to do heavy rock music. And they don't pick up their instruments and practice between our sessions so the resulting 'noise' is pretty poor.

Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy ALL genres of music, and such times with them I do find fun, but they have no interest in my acoustic playing of guitars, and CERTAINLY don't appreciate my interest in ukulele which they just 'extract the Michael' out of no end.

I have no one else around me - friends or family - who I could get together with musically, and even 'advertising' on relevant 'joinmyband' type websites hasn't come up with anything as they all seem to be full of youngsters who still have ambition to 'rock the world' and be the next big thing; they're not interested in an old fella like me! lol

It IS frustrating, but until that changes and someone comes along, I'm stuck with just enjoying what I do on my own...and THAT'S why I find sites and musical communities like UU so valuable. They give us a chance to interact with others of similar interests and share with them what we accomplish musically. The guys and girls on here are amongst the must supportive and encouraging I've found. So many of the dedicated guitar sites are too full of ego's to be enjoyable for me. The 'world of uke' seems much friendlier in many ways.

Hello Dave, sorry to hear you have no musical playmates with expanded musical appreciation. I would have thought Essex would be the epicenter of Cole Porter aficionados! Guess I was wrong.

I, as an Ugly American, am dying to know what the phrase "extract the Michael" means exactly. If you provide the answer, I may have to come across the pond and knot you up a Ruby! But, take heart and uke on - even though the world is now overflowing with musical savages, some of us still know what a good acoustic melody does for the soul.

Lately I have been working on a fingerstyle rendition of "We'll Meet Again" and loving this gorgeous song.

Cheers,
Steve
(at right in the video)

Hello Dave, sorry to hear you have no musical playmates with expanded musical appreciation. I would have thought Essex would be the epicenter of Cole Porter aficionados! Guess I was wrong.

I, as an Ugly American, am dying to know what the phrase "extract the Michael" means exactly. If you provide the answer, I may have to come across the pond and knot you up a Ruby! But, take heart and uke on - even though the world is now overflowing with musical savages, some of us still know what a good acoustic melody does for the soul.

Lately I have been working on a fingerstyle rendition of "We'll Meet Again" and loving this gorgeous song.

Cheers,
Steve
(at right in the video)

HaHa! Your post DID make me smile Steve - although I can't see a link to your video you mention??

Ok. Here goes: 'Extracting the Michael' = 'Taking the Micky' = 'Ridiculing' = 'making fun of' = 'taking the p*ss' (Delete as applicable lol)

Now...where's that Ruby Murray you promised me?? ;-)

HaHa! Your post DID make me smile Steve - although I can't see a link to your video you mention??

Steve is the player at right in the video in the original post. I'm on the left.

Top Bottom