Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Disaster

What a fabulous job! Congratulations to both of you.

Quote Originally Posted by ukantor View Post
    The subject of this thread is now back in good health. The strings were fitted yesterday (Aquila Super Nylgut) and are settling nicely. It sounds just as a Ken Timms style 0 should sound.

The repair is virtually invisible. I reckon anyone who didn't know about the damaged side would not see anything amiss. The refinishing with shellac worked out satisfactorily, but Janet Timms would probably not be very impressed by my efforts!

I am enjoying playing this little survivor. It has a particularly appealing voice and is working its way into my affections. They do that, don't they?

John Colter
    Attachment 124425Attachment 124424
    Wow, John! Janet might just be chuffed!

Disaster to delightful...well done!
    John

Default Disaster!

I've just read a report of a tremor, registering 2.8 on the Richter scale, located in Stockton-on-Tees in North East England, this morning.

It is not clear at this stage if the disturbance was caused by an earthquake, or whether another of Ken Timms's ukuleles has flown off the bench and into the vice.

Further reports will be issued as the true facts become clear.

John Colter

ps. The Ukulele Hospital facility is on high alert for possible incoming patients.

Quote Originally Posted by ukantor View Post
    I've just read a report of a tremor, registering 2.8 on the Richter scale, located in Stockton-on-Tees in North East England, this morning.

It is not clear at this stage if the disturbance was caused by an earthquake, or whether another of Ken Timms's ukuleles has flown off the bench and into the vice.

Further reports will be issued as the true facts become clear.

John Colter

ps. The Ukulele Hospital facility is on high alert for possible incoming patients.
    First thing I knew about it was when the Shih tzu’s jumped on the bed...whole lot of shaking going on 45E43BF4-695D-4FBA-B956-44B43F5A82AF.jpg *edit* just found out the "epicentre" was in Crooksbarn Lane that's the next street.
    Last edited by Timbuck; 01-23-2020 at 06:49 AM.
    http://ukulele-innovation.tripod.com ebay i/d squarepeg_3000 Email timmsken@hotmail.com

If you can believe that moving images and sound, can fly through empty space across the universe and be seen and heard on a box in your living room ?.. then you can believe in anything.

What a shocking picture of destruction! Our thoughts and prayers go out to you.

Thread Information