Disaster

Timbuck

Reaction score
I was just doing some finishing touches to a nice cuban mahog soprano.
When it flew off the bench and smashed into a heavy Vice stored under the workbench...Causing a long split about 250mm long all down one side.:(
Looks like it's going to be sent to the UK ukulele hostpital museum run by John Colter.:deadhorse:

:uhoh:
Sorry to hear that...:uhoh:

I'd like to say how sorry I am to read this, Ken - but that would not be completely true!

I would be delighted to take it into the intensive care unit and try to save it.

John C

Cheers, Ken. It sounds serious. I'll have a crash team ready on stand-by.

JC

Sorry to hear that, I know how you feel, I was making a Native American flute for someone and while I was buffing it, for some reason the buffing wheel grabbed it out of my hands and threw it into the lathe bed beating it up pretty bad, now I grit my teeth every time I buff something. I guess that's just part of it, that's why we just keep on keeping on.

Tragic!! I hate when work pieces fly off my workbench. Almost as bad as when heavy things fly toward my workbench and crash into the work piece
Must be some gravitational anomaly around workbenches

Disaster!

The patient was delivered this afternoon, has had a preliminary examination, and is now resting in the high dependency unit awaiting a detailed assessment prior to intensive surgical intervention.

We have the technology.............................

Ken Timms uke, damaged - as received - 29-11-2019.jpg

John Colter

Dear Dr. Colter,

My assessment would be that the ukulele has a crack in the left side probably due to blunt force trauma. I hope you concur. My prognosis would be for a favorable outcome barring any unforeseen complications.

Sincerely,
Dr. Sequoia

Dear Dr. Colter,

My assessment would be that the ukulele has a crack in the left side probably due to blunt force trauma. I hope you concur. My prognosis would be for a favorable outcome barring any unforeseen complications.

Sincerely,
Dr. Sequoia

There's one thing I know for sure, this ukulele will never be able to say I'm fit as a fiddle. LOL! :D

Sorry to hear that. I guess it can happen to the best of them. Good think you know who to send it to. Would that be Dr. Who?

Disaster!

Dear Doctor Sequoia,

Indeed, a longitudinal fracture of the rib, but I would identify that as the right side - the wider bout is the lower, and the back is facing the camera. Would my learned colleague agree?

------------//------------

I have examined the uke in minute detail. It took a massive hit and it is always essential to make sure there is no other damage, apart from the obvious. There are no hidden cracks, no failing seams, no loose braces - just an impressive ding where the side made contact with the immovable object. Mr Timms sure puts 'em together well!

Here's another photo. It's going to be a very nice uke, with an interesting story.

Timms style 0 - 29-11-2019.jpg

John Colter

John, just noticed in the last picture, that Ken sent it via Hermes, so I'm very surprised that it arrived with only the one crack!
Mike.

Hi Mike,

Ken's boxes are super strong and rigid, and he uses enough bubble wrap to choke a Brontosaurus!

John C.

Top Bottom