Disaster

What a fabulous job! Congratulations to both of you.

The subject of this thread is now back in good health. The strings were fitted yesterday (Aquila Super Nylgut) and are settling nicely. It sounds just as a Ken Timms style 0 should sound.

The repair is virtually invisible. I reckon anyone who didn't know about the damaged side would not see anything amiss. The refinishing with shellac worked out satisfactorily, but Janet Timms would probably not be very impressed by my efforts!

I am enjoying playing this little survivor. It has a particularly appealing voice and is working its way into my affections. They do that, don't they?

John Colter
View attachment 124425View attachment 124424

Wow, John! Janet might just be chuffed!

Disaster!

I've just read a report of a tremor, registering 2.8 on the Richter scale, located in Stockton-on-Tees in North East England, this morning.

It is not clear at this stage if the disturbance was caused by an earthquake, or whether another of Ken Timms's ukuleles has flown off the bench and into the vice.

Further reports will be issued as the true facts become clear.

John Colter

ps. The Ukulele Hospital facility is on high alert for possible incoming patients.

I've just read a report of a tremor, registering 2.8 on the Richter scale, located in Stockton-on-Tees in North East England, this morning.

It is not clear at this stage if the disturbance was caused by an earthquake, or whether another of Ken Timms's ukuleles has flown off the bench and into the vice.

Further reports will be issued as the true facts become clear.

John Colter

ps. The Ukulele Hospital facility is on high alert for possible incoming patients.
First thing I knew about it was when the Shih tzu’s jumped on the bed...whole lot of shaking going on :)45E43BF4-695D-4FBA-B956-44B43F5A82AF.jpg *edit* just found out the "epicentre" was in Crooksbarn Lane that's the next street.:cool:

Last edited:
Top Bottom