Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry122, Randy McSorely, RIP

Default Harry122, Randy McSorely, RIP

My Seasonista Friends it's with a heavy heart that I inform you that our friend Randy has passed away last night peacefully in his sleep.

I asked his wife Lori if I could post the notice to his community of ukulele players and she said please do.

I will send her a link to this thread so if you wish to say some words she could see what Randy meant to us.

To me Randy was always smiling and light hearted. The songs he played and the songs he wrote alway brought smiles. We collaborated on a song or two. He helped me with green screen editing. He stole my backgrounds as a joke so I, in turn, stole his. I'll miss him and his music.

Thank you my friends.
    Last edited by Jazzbanjorex; 11-25-2019 at 11:00 AM.

Thank you Rex for starting this post. I dreaded this day and the thought of starting the post. I am overwhelmed with sadness. Randy was more like a kindred spirit or a brother to me. He always put a smile on my face. You couldn't help but smile all through every video he made. His ukulele spirit is something that we should all emulate. He was generous, kind, clever, funny and heartwarming. He just really knew how to make this place fun in every way. I will miss him like crazy!
    He shared with me his health struggles a few years ago and so this has been a long journey of support for him. I am glad that he is out of pain and no longer suffering but my heart goes out to Lori and the family. He always shared with me how wonderful she was. I adored how much he adored her and how he always shared his appreciation for her.

I would encourage you all to repost collaborations here as well or a favorite song of Randy's.
    I have his recent CD and it is such a joy to have. I will cherish it.

Lori, my heart is with you!
    xx
    Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.

Very sad. I didn't know Randy well, but he was always smiling, positive and welcoming here on UU, and his videos were so much fun. Will miss him.
    John

Here is one I completely for got about. Randy sent me a message wanting me to do this song with him. He had no idea that my sister and I had this "secret language" called double talk. We used it all the time as kids and could spin a sentence so fast that our tongue would trip and spit would fly.
    Randy always picked great fun songs.

Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.

May Randy rest in peace and Lori find comfort in the warm memories of their days together.

Randy was deeply touched by the love he felt from those who participated in the Season I hosted in August that was dedicated to him:Season 392 - Hats Off To Harry. At that time I knew that Randy felt the challenges had become greater for him, but I also knew that he considered himself the luckiest person in the world. He told me that in our every email.

And each time we communicated, he always made me feel as if I were the luckiest person in the world. His friendship was inspirational in every way.

Thank you again to everyone who joined with me in giving Randy the gift of his very own Season. Linda

Here's the link to Randy's Season:

https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...ff-To-Harry!-B
    Last edited by turtledrum; 11-25-2019 at 10:36 AM.

God bless Harry for giving us so many wonderful songs.
    I think he poured his spirit into the song Summer's End.
    I covered it for the Hats off to Harry season. SOTU 392
    Being a gardener I really appreciated the attention to detail in this song.
    Now that I look at the thumbnail I see that the bee has got ragged wings
    a sure sign that it was Summer's End. There are always signs that Summer is about to end.
    Last edited by wee_ginga_yin; 11-25-2019 at 11:14 AM.
    HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

Such sad news.What a lovely man he was.
    Like some others here I just thought he'd become a bit too busy to participate here lately. He never really bought up his health issues here as far as I remember. I guess plenty of his close friends here knew he wasn't well.
    I was lucky enough to win a small gift in his Hawaii season.It came with a beaut card.I got a real kick out of that.
    I used to look forward to his vids a lot.
    Glad Linda (Turtledrum) did her tribute season.I think he really enjoyed that a lot.

Well this is such sad news.
    We corresponded a lot over the seasons years. Somethimes agreeing and sometimes disagreeing.
    He mentioned his health issues but I had no idea that this was coming so soon.
    I know leaving his house and moving into a unit was not a move made easily.
    I loved what he brought to the seasons.
    I thought of him when Berni recently asked if anyone dared predict what he might bring as a theme this week.
    I considered him a friend.
    My thoughts go out to Lori and I wish her all the best in what is ahead for her. Lots of positive thoughts - which I'll keep sending whan ever I think of Randy.
    I don't know what comes next - I don't think Randy did either - I think we sometimes corresponded about such things - whatever it is I wish the best for you my friend.
    He covered a few of my songs which always pleased me greatly.
    The fact that he chose to cover this one tells me we were pretty much on the same page....

I shed a tear whan I told my wife about Randy's passing so I'm certainly more than just a little blue - Randy brought us some wonderful music....I won't forget him and I sure hope his YouTube channel stays up.
    One of his beaut songs that I covered ...
    Last edited by pabrizzer; 11-25-2019 at 11:33 AM.

So so sad news. Harry122 was always somebody with funny ideas on the other side of the pond, and a beloved companion over years for me. I wish a lot of strength for his family, and rest in peace, dear Randy!

I'm really sorry to hear that. He will be missed!

Thread Information