Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Harry122, Randy McSorely, RIP

Hi I just heard about this sad news. From the other side of the world I feel sadness over Randy's death. Always in a good mood, with the smile in his voice and always willing to make us laugh. I loved the way he approached the songs and his videos. I am very sad. A lot of strength for your family and a hug for all of you.
    Sara

I found this one from back when Randy was first diagnosed. The doctors gave him 2 years to live. He was way too stubborn to listen to any doctors. / That was three years ago. Way to show it to them Randy.

So sorry to hear this news. Randy's smile lit this place up for years and he'll be sorely missed. Much love and strength to his loved ones. I'm glad I was lucky enough to know him through this community.

Oh my gosh...
    I’ve not been keeping up with the Seasons so this comes as a real shocker!

Randy was the BEST. What a great guy. In his own words, he was a “solid citizen”.

We will miss you lots, buddy
    Last edited by UkeFoote; 12-02-2019 at 06:53 AM.

I too have been in and out of the seasons and was shocked to learn of Randy’s passing. He was the sweetest man and was such a big encouragement when I first started trying to contribute to the seasons. I loved all of the novelty songs and tongue in cheek tunes he brought. I still think about him and all the music he brought to my life. Side note, Randy was, hands down, my wife’s favorite seasonista. She always said that she could see joy and happiness pouring out of the screen when one of his videos came on.

Condolences to all of Randy’s friends and family. May his memory be a blessing.
    Andy

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
    ~A.W.E. O'Shaughnessy

So...I am crying. Lets just put that out there from the get go and let everyone know I am a mess before I type his tribute to a dear friend I never had the chance to meet in person. In all my time here (since season 16), I never met a more kindred spirit. Randy only had one goal in life, and that was to make people smile. He did that for me a thousand times- every week, with his comments and his videos.
    I think Randy gave this support on every video I have made, and I love him for his endurance. I know I watched every video he made because he made me smile. His brand of quirky mixed with his unending enthusiasm._and desire to make the rest of us smile, well, it was contagious. That is really a great catalogue of songs and for that I tip my hat.
    That all said, Randy was also a regular volunteer defender and rescuer of wildlife, and that is what I do as well when I am not playing. That connect probably lead to our recent conversation about leaving the seasons....reckon they were tired of us. It also likely lead to Turtledrums last season. Please remember Randy and all the amazing things he brought you, because he was totally on the fence about wether he belonged here anymore. I feel that he not only belongs here...he is why we are here. We just need to remember that.
    Make people smile in his memory. My god I love this man. Bless up Randy- thanks for all the smiles.
    Now to cry more...dammit I loved this guy.

And now I am lost in every video. Sigh...again, much love Randy

Everyone,

Thank you for posting your memories and tributes to Randy on this thread. As a close friend and bandmate of his, I know that he truly did chrish this group and the weekly "Seasons". He encouraged me to participate and post videos to the seasons with my great friend Forte555, my fiance Shannon, father Andy, and brother Bryant. Some of my best recording, mixing, arranging, and producing work was done in creating videos to share with you all. I look forward to continuing this with all of you.

Our band, Forte and the Pianissimos, was glad to be able to honor Randy at his Celebration of Life last week in Wisconsin. We played all of his music included on the album "I'm Gonna Play Uke" and more. If you have not heard the CD yet, do yourself a favor and give it a listen. The CD can be found on all streaming platforms or you can send an email to <ajrahm88@gmail.com> to get your own physical copy.

Many of you will recall the song "Summer's End" that Randy wrote last year. Give that song a listen again. Here's a spotify link to our recorded version from "I'm Gonna Play Uke" <https://open.spotify.com/track/6zZZHlOeGtsvNBZtwT5DKr>. If you want to listen to his original version check out <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCwqMEubEq0>.

Please continue to enjoy Randy's music and share it with your friends and family. Forte and the Pianissmios are committed to continuing his legacy and sharing his wonderful music at our shows. Again, thank you for posting and sharing with all of us. The news of his passing hit our Forte family hard and we found great peace reading all of the wonderful posts from the seasonistas. Thank you all!

Aloha and Mahalo.
    AJ Rahm
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Music is the universal language"
    "How many ukes is enough? Just one more!"

Thread Information