Harry122, Randy McSorely, RIP

been a difficult time for me since hearing of his passing. I am still in shock and wish the best for his surviving family. I will always remember his smile.

Got a lump in my throat and a punched-in-the-stomach feeling. That man was the epitome of positivity and knowing how to have fun with his uke, music and videos. I didn't know him well; I would have loved to have chatted with him about greenscreens and multi-tracking - which he pulled off week on week flawlessly. Always with that smile.
I don't know what to say.
What would Randy say?
Well, he'd probably post this video, laughing at the irony.

Randy and his music will be remembered here.
RIP.

So saddened to hear this news. Randy was always one of the Season's highlights for me, bringing such joy to all his unique contributions. His videos were inspired and so full of fun, whether he was appearing as a sole performer or in a "pack" of Randy's, all carrying out different roles - how did he DO that? On a personal level, I knew him to be a kind and generous man ... he was enormously supportive of me earlier this year when I was experiencing a difficult time and the encouragement he gave me helped me to carry on. When I dedicated this song to him in July, it was simply because I missed his presence so much on the Seasons. My sincere and heartfelt condolences to Lori and his family ... he was a treasure!

Last edited:
I've only just managed to get Internet access and log on and discover this sad, sad news. Randy was 'everyone's' friend whether you knew him or not and his warmth of character and Infectious enthusiasm for the ukulele drew most of us toward him like moths to a light. My sincerest sympathies go to his family and friends, my thoughts are with you. This collab we did together sums up Randy to me and how I will remember that energy, warmth and enthusiasm best. RIP mate x

Last edited:
Like us all here I was so saddened to hear of Randy’s passing, and like many of us, who didn’t really know you Randy, who never even met you, the news still knocked me sideways. You have been such an important presence on here, bringing your humour and wonderful weekly predictions. As I say, I never met you, but I felt we were kindred spirits in many ways....the music you loved, the things that made you laugh. I was just listening to this wonderful McCartney song you did for Linda’s Hats Off To Harry season. It is now difficult to hear this without getting a lump in my throat, but you were loved Randy, that’s some legacy. Rest In Peace brother.

This is such sad news to wake up to.

When I first dipped my toes into the ocean that is The Seasons, Randy was one of the first to come back with welcoming words, praise, and encouragement. And that warmth never went away - his comments were always a boost. Meanwhile, he was so modest about his own contributions. He was a great song finder and performer, but his technical skills were beyond belief too, not only multi-tracking the audio, but also the video, when there would be not one, but two, three, or even more Randys performing for us. I would gently tease him, saying that his singing & ukulele were OK, but his better-looking brothers clearly had more than their fair share of the talent. And Randy, of course, would agree.

Lori - no doubt you will have many happy memories, closer to home, to comfort you, but just know that this man's music, warmth, and humour, touched people all over the world, and I feel honoured to have been one of those people.

Last edited:
For my season Broadwalk Empire Randy brought this song with some inimitable whistling.
He always had a fine selection of hats and chose one that was appropriate for the song.

Just a small thing I remembered.
The previous time the Forum was offline about a year? ago ( similar to how it was yesterday) when it came back online I remember Randy posting what an important part of his life the forum had become...reinforced by its temporary absence.
I guess it was you good people he was mainly referring to.

Here is a fantastic video that Randy contributed to the last season I hosted.

This is sad news indeed.

Randy was certainly well loved on this forum, & he was one of the people who encouraged me to make a video back when I joined.

He always presented to us his love of music & his fun attitude in the many videos he posted.

His predictions always gave us a laugh too.

Lots of people are going to miss him - rest in peace, friend.

My condolences to Lori & family.

These are terrible news.
My sympathies to his family and friends.
Randy will be missed.

Such sad news. Randy's original songs and imaginative covers, funny predictions and inspiring comments have been a big part of the Seasons. My condolences to his family. Randy will be missed and remembered here.

Here is Randy's original song "Margins Of The Day" for Season #250, Private But Universal:

Randy brought so much joy, silliness, music, and heart to our little community.

Love and strength to all of Randy's family and friends. <3

I can't add much to what's been said so far other than Randy has a good soul, and everyone he touched will miss him. He was joyful, playful, warm, creative, and always encouraging. His pre-season guesses were a highlight of every Saturday. Kind thoughts to Lori.

Here's a video he contributed to one of my recent Seasons, added not long after they returned from Hawaii. Mahalo, our friend.

Such sad news. Randy's original songs and imaginative covers, funny predictions and inspiring comments have been a big part of the Seasons. My condolences to his family. Randy will be missed and remembered here.

Here is Randy's original song "Margins Of The Day" for Season #250, Private But Universal:

Pure quality.

RIP man.

Very sad news, he'll be sorely missed, sincere condolences to his family.

I was shocked and surprised to read this. I knew Randy had been ill but didn't realise it was this serious.

I enjoyed Randy's contributions to the seasons and his humerous take on many of the songs he featured. As for that ancient oriental seer harry122 and his never quite right predictions for the next season, well they always gave me a chuckle.

Randy's warm character will missed here and I send my condolences to his wife & family.

Top Bottom