Happy Thanksgiving

plunker

Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. If we sit and really ponder our lives, there is a lot to be thankful for.
I have some real heart break things going on in my life, but an attitude of thankfulness is the best way to not let circumstances rule you.
I have learned "Thank God for the fleas".

That sounds like a very Zen thing to say....

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. Tomorrow all of the Ladies of Uke will dine and strum together!

Happy bird day to all. Yep, keeping a positive attitude will get you through most anything. I've had cancer twice, open heart surgery twice, nerve damage from the treatments for cancer, very bad car accident, hip replacement, but always look forward, especially for meeting with my seniors ukulele group twice a week.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 13 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 37)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

The Ladies of Uke, the original quartet, had a totally vegetarian lunch (Oink-oink) today, then jammed out for an hour. It was like old times.
No turkeys died for us.

We made pizzas for dinner. Not very traditional, but a lot less work and clean-up. :)
Happy Thanksgiving to you all, no matter how you celebrated it!

We had our Thanksgiving meal today. A couple of family members had to work yesterday. We had four generations around the table and we had a traditional meal with turkey and game bird. Sorry to my vegan friends, I respect their stance on it but we are of rural stock. We thoroughly enjoyed the bounty today. We are all truly blessed.

Last edited:
Well, this year I went to a long time high school friend for Thanksgiving, his wife is a great cook serving copious amounts of hors devours for a couple of hours, which I indulged mercilessly. Then about 7:30 dinner was served buffet style. Traditional turkey, two kinds of yams, baked and a casserole, two kinds of stuffing, traditional and vegan. Peas and grilled onions, two kinds of cabbage salad, two kinds of gravies; aju and thick rue style. Buttered and vegan mashed potatoes, two kinds of cranberry sauce; jelled and whole berry (which I love).

Then there was dessert; two people were celebrating birthdays so a big carrot cake and a really big lemon cake, four big apple pies, one vegan, three pumpkin pies, plus I made a vegan pumpkin cream cheese pie with candied pecan crumble using Toffuti cream cheese (I'm lactose intolerant so vegan works very well for me). Plus two big bowls of cubed fresh fruit.

There were about 40 guests that were packed in the tables filling the living room, couldn't go outside cause it was raining. I don't usually eat a meal after about 5 PM, but dinner was served about 7:30 and I was already full from the hors devours, but I stuffed myself further (no pun intended) and boy did I regret that. When I got home about 10, I took a Tums, plopped on the couch, loosened my belt, turned on the TV and sat there rubbing my protruding belly. Finally got in bed about 11:30, but was so uncomfortable, I got up and sat in front of my computer until the stomach agony subsided, which was about 4:30 AM.

The night was not a total waste because while surfing the internet on what is Black Friday, I found a great deal on a bass ukulele out of China for $90 (plus $30 shipping) that really caught my eye. It should arrive just in time for Hanukkah.

Alibaba acoustic bass waves.jpg

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 13 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 37)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Last edited:
That is indeed a very spiffy looking bass ukulele. If it plays half as good as it looks, your indigestion will have been worth it. :)

...The night was not a total waste because while surfing the internet on what is Black Friday, I found a great deal on a bass ukulele out of China for $90 (plus $30 shipping) that really caught my eye. It should arrive just in time for Hanukkah.

Alibaba acoustic bass waves.jpg

I was sick all weekend, so missed out on the turkey. Was thankful to be able to keep down the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast). Did shop from my sickbed and picked up two Enya Nova U (pink and blue) for grandkids. Little wobbly still, but had to go to work today.

I really love this holiday! How are you planning to celebrate this year? I love to celebrate this holiday in New York. There's a fabulous atmosphere. One day, when I was in college, I wrote an essay on celebration and read on this site https://studydriver.com/thanksgiving-essay/ various essays about places, traditional dishes, local traditions in the code place, I fell in love with celebration Thanksgiving in New York. New York City does some things exceptionally well pizza, bagels, Broadway and perhaps most importantly, the holidays. It’s harder to think of a more magical place to spend those frosty months. Over the top parades, top-notch shopping, ice-skating and other winter activities round out a perfectively festive season. Isn't that cool?

Last edited:
Top Bottom