Season 407 ... You need hands

I did this one many many moons ago. But it's fun to do again.

Got a far quieter and more sedate one coming at some point too.

My first contribution this week is a song I wrote back in 1984. It deals with graffiti... and starts with the first example we know of: the hand that appears and writes on Belshazzar's wall.

So although it hasn't got "hand" in the title. It has got a hand in the first line... and graffiti wouldn't exist without hands :eek:

It features a Bass Ukulele and a 12 String Electric Guitar....

I am writing an original for this week too, I'll try and get that up later.

Once again may I take this opportunity to thank everyone who contributed to Season 406 - which I must judge this week!

Meanwhile, I hope you enjoy:

I remembered the phrase "Hand in hand we stand..." but couldn't place it. After a bit of research I found that it was the Olympic theme song from Seoul 1988, "Hand in Hand" by Giorgio Moroder and Tom Whitlock. Back then, breaking down the walls and having a fair competition seemed to be within reach.

Et "Bonjour, Tout le Monde!" Apparently, France is on strike today over proposed pension reforms. This will not affect me, as I am NOT on strike ... so please keep the songs coming in. Very many thanks to Lynda for her very mystic original and to Brian for his "presidential" contribution. The Playlist is up to date. Why has no one brought me a "hand" joke? I might be forced to inflict another one on you.

Last edited:
Here is my second contribution. An original about a broken relationship, written especially for this week...

If I manage to finish it (it's progressing slowly) I hope I'll have yet another original for later in the week.

Meanwhile, I hope you enjoy:

Well... I started quiet and sedate.

This is a Powderfinfer song that used to be a staple of mine back when I played guitar. Nice to give it a run out on the uke for once.

And thanks to Rob, Berni and Ryan ... the Playlist is up to date. Please let me know if I have inadvertently left you off!

And, since no one else is obliging, a JOKE .....

I was sailing my boat when a massive hand rose out of the water and then slowly disappeared. I thought, "That's the biggest wave I've ever seen."

TA DA!!!

Wrapped Around Your Finger, cover of a Police tune. Uke is a concert Flea.

Last edited:

Quick one taker to get me back into the Seasons. Do I win for longest gap between entries? 5½ years!

I've been missing for a little while. We've all had rotten coughs in the Walker house and I'm also a little busy with performances for Christmas so I've not managed until yesterday to get something recorded for the seasons.

I remembered a tune with a title that fits this weeks theme so I decided to go for an instrumental.

Some information about the composer.
Rory Dall O'Cathain was an Irish Harper and composer. He was born in Co. Antrim about 1580. His family were members of the Irish Nobility, however being blind, he made his living as a travelling musician. He spent most of his adult life in the Scotland and died at Eglington Castle in Ayrshire and was buried on the Isle of Skye. His most famous composition which is "Tabhair dom do Lámh" or "Give Me Your Hand". I play it here on tenor recorder with accompaniment on a DGBE tuned Bruko tenor ukulele.

This is utterly ridiculous. I find a copyright claim on my video. From music over 400 years old? It was too quick to be on the pictures, which are mine anyway.

I've disputed it. Let's see what happens. It's not the first time that someone has tried this one on on old music.

Evening all, and thanks for hosting this week Val. :)

George Michael’s first solo album, Faith, quickly elevated him to serious songwriter status. This track from that LP grabbed me from the very first listen and I was a little surprised that it was never released as a single. It seems to be something of a social commentary on capitalism and the plight of those that end up at the bottom of the pile. It’s as relevant today as it was 30+ years ago when it was written. I added some keyboards and rhythm into the mix and doubled up on the vocal to give it a fuller sound.

Last edited:
Top Bottom