Season 407 ... You need hands

And BUENOS DIAS from deepest France! (I am working my way round Europe.) Very many thanks to those who brought songs "during the night" ...Alan (Decaturcomp) - sorry, Alan, I inadvertently went to bed half-way through your set, Alan (DP), Drew, and "She Who Never Sleeps" a.k.a. Lynda, who brought TWO originals in the wee small hours! We have more than a day to go ... so please keep those songs coming!

Last edited:
Yes! After a whirlwind of events these last few days, I managed to dedicate most of today to getting this final song for the Season recorded and videoed.

I am really pleased with it, so I hope there are still enough people around to give it a whirl.

With backing by Band in a Box and featuring my favourite ukulele and a solo on Stratocaster, it is a slow soulful blues, that I'd love to have heard sung by one of Stax's stars.

Hope you enjoy:

When I was around ten years old both the Pointer Sisters and Conway Twitty had a hit with this one. I had no clue what it was about, but it sure was catchy ;)

Hand-in-hand is the only way to land;
And always the right-way 'round....

And a big "thank you" to you, Christopher ... you just managed to sneak in before the deadline! And thanks also to Janet and Ralf, whose videos came in "overnight". It is now 11.00 a.m. in deepest France, and, according to Google, that means that it is midnight in Hawaii, so I declare Season 407 officially over. Now on to find something for Kev's exciting theme. I will endeavour to post the Wrap in the next couple of days. THANK YOU, ONE AND ALL ...YOU ALL GET A BIG HAND FROM ME!

Great week Val, and great wrap! Nice to see such a robust turnout and a wonderful variety of styles and songs ~

Thanks a lot, Val! I enjoyed the theme this week. There were three more songs that I tinkered with this week, but didn't find time to finish. But you inspired me to write a song, and to learn a song that I've liked for decades.

Top Bottom