Anybody else getting p*** spam in their PM box?

DPO

Reaction score
I have had two messages in the last few days in my pm box. How do they access this? Does it mean they are UU members? Never had anything like it before.

Have you been googling for low G strings?

John Colter

Nope nothing like that in my inbox except ukulele p***. (Really nice photos of really nice ukuleles.)

Kind of weird. I'd think PM isn't accessible, except by sending to the person's UU Private Mail using or clicking on the UU member's user name. But I'm not a techie nor a moderator. Alert and ask the moderator about it.

Good luck!

I kept getting warnings about this forum being spoofed over Thanksgiving. But I thought it was because the hotel I was staying at had unsecured wifi.

I had privacy notices that the site might have been hacked before the holiday and was warned about entering the site. I notified UU on Instagram and it was corrected

A few days ago when I went to my bookmark UU link, I got messages from Safari that the site does not have proper credentials and might be spoofed. I also got a couple of phishing emails that don't seem to be related, but came at the same time. A few hours later UU was available again. About the same time on the Talk Bass forum I frequent, there were constant spam posts in Chinese for about an hour until I reported it and the moderators locked them out. Guess Thanksgiving weekend is a draw for hackers and spammers.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 13 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 37)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

A few days ago when I went to my bookmark UU link, I got messages from Safari that the site does not have proper credentials and might be spoofed. I also got a couple of phishing emails that don't seem to be related, but came at the same time. A few hours later UU was available again. About the same time on the Talk Bass forum I frequent, there were constant spam posts in Chinese for about an hour until I reported it and the moderators locked them out. Guess Thanksgiving weekend is a draw for hackers and spammers.

9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 13 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 37)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

I got a txt msg that my Black Friday order was shipped. Just a personal name, no store name. Definitely not opening the link.

I got a txt msg that my Black Friday order was shipped. Just a personal name, no store name. Definitely not opening the link.

I didn't open either of the two I got. Just thought that only members could PM people.

I get the warning in my Chrome browser that 'This page is trying to load scripts from unauthenticated sources'. No Nigerian prices nor lonely young women have made contact so far...

Last edited:
Nope nothing like that in my inbox except ukulele p***. (Really nice photos of really nice ukuleles.)

Kind of weird. I'd think PM isn't accessible, except by sending to the person's UU Private Mail using or clicking on the UU member's user name. But I'm not a techie nor a moderator. Alert and ask the moderator about it.

Good luck!

I wonder if the title of the Uke p*** section could have anything to do with that. Maybe the sender of the pron did a search for "p***." Just a wild guess.

I got that too. When I got in it directed me to a 404 page.

I get the warning in my Chrome browser that 'This page is trying to load scripts from unauthenticated sources'. No Nigerian prices nor lonely young women have made contact so far...

I've gotten similar messages, and I have to tell the program that UU is okay (and hope that it actually is safe).

"No Nigerian princes or lonely young women have made contact so far."

There should be a dating site to introduce all those Nigerian princes to the lonely young women. They deserve each other.

John Colter

Top Bottom