Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sound sample of my favorite ukuleles (KoAloha, Kanile'a, Martin, LFDM)

Default Sound sample of my favorite ukuleles (KoAloha, Kanile'a, Martin, LFDM)

Hey UU friends, here is a fun little video project I made. A "sound comparison" of my ukuleles. This video is not to compare which uke is superior, it is purely made for fun. (They have different strings, in addition how could you compare a Soprano to a Tenor haha)

All sounds are recorded with a Sony microphone I digged out somewhere, sounds are untouched.

I apologies for some unsynced parts, I recorded 4 audios first, then 4 videos, pretty tricky to match them perfectly.

Hope you guys enjoy it.

I'm a Ukulele newbie, one day I'll make my Ukuleles proud.

LFDM Tenor Sinker redwood+ Cocobolo
    Martin Style 3 Centennial Soprano
    Blackbird Farallon
    Risa stick Concert

Nice job!
    Nice Ukes

Wow I loved your video. Wow fantastic job.
    K
    Sopranos, Concerts, and Tenors including Baritone body at a Tenor Scale - 4 String, 5 String and 8 String :-)
    For Sale: Seagull Nylon String
    For Sale: National Mahogany Resonator
    For Sale: Gold Tone Resonator

What a great video, Ukujiji. Not only is your playing terrific, but I really enjoyed hearing the different tones from each of the four ukes. Nice job indeed!
    KoAloha KCM-00 (koa concert)
    KoAloha Opio KCO-10 (acacia concert)
    Thormahlen Yew-kulele (yew concert)
    Kala KA-SLNG (long neck soprano)
    Flight TUS35 (blue soprano)

Very nicely done, so cool to watch and listen to. Interesting to hear some differences.
    Enjoying instruments by - Beau Hannam - Jay Lichty - Jerry Hoffmann - Luis Feu de Mesquita - Kala - Kamaka - Kanile'a - KoAloha - Ko'olau - Moore Bettah - Pono - Romero Creations - and others

Ok that was awesome. What a great idea to do back to back and throwing in the Marin soprano, nice. Great job and great contribution to the site. Thanks for doing that, must have been a lot of work.
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Enya Nova *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

Nice comparison. It's true that all ukes seem to sound different. At a jam yesterday, I was switching between a 1940s Martin and a Fantail from New Zealand (P. J. O'Neill). Huge difference, but both very nice.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Wow! Great job! It was fun to watch and listen. Comparison videos are a great way to learn differences among ukuleles.

Really cool! They all sound great. If I had to choose it would be on looks.

Bravissimo!

Thread Information