Advice on Kumalae worth

Shari Erickson

Reaction score
I’m feeling like I may want to rescue this old Kumalae. It’s asking price is $100. Is this a fair price? How much should I anticipate investing in it’s restoration?08A401D5-30BA-4AC3-AEF7-29FAE278B1A7.jpg2E8A1638-064E-4704-B5C4-794349DDEFAB.jpgBB9ADBA7-264D-4099-89F2-C57DE3D068E7.jpg

Thank you!

Welcome to the forum, Shari!

Nice find. $100 is OK - if you can sort out whatever needs doing yourself. It is not possible to do a proper assessment from small photos. If you have to take it to a professional and pay for it to be restored, your spending could soon soon exceed its resale value.

I can't see any major issues from the photos. If the condition is as good as it seems to be, I'd buy it - but $100 isn't a lot to me and I like fixing old and broken ukes.

Not much help, I know, but the best I can do.

John Colter

Thank you John!
This is very helpful. I would do the restoration myself, just for fun and to save it.

Plan to keep restoration at a bare minimal unless you can do a top notch job if you still want it to be worth anything after you are done. Not saying you are not capable but in many instances restoring actually depreciates value. If you do not care about that then by all means; it is def worth $100. If you do not have many tools, finishing equipment etc then plan to spend a bit!

What is the value range of this ukulele if it is properly restored ?

Top Bottom