Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kai kti-700 tenor - review

Quote Originally Posted by bazmaz View Post
    All I can suggest is keeping away from spruce, and cedar.. Look for all mahogany or walnut topped ukuleles. Saying that, my Kanile'a Koa tenor is really warm and woody sounding.
    Quote Originally Posted by bazmaz View Post
    All I can suggest is keeping away from spruce, and cedar.. Look for all mahogany or walnut topped ukuleles. Saying that, my Kanile'a Koa tenor is really warm and woody sounding.
    Good-oh. On behalf of your comment, I now have an all-solid-hog Ohana pineapple tenor on its way from AlohaCityUkes. Thanks to the nth for your prompt answer AND for all your excellent reviews!!!

P.S. Since the new pineapple is a tenor, & I name all my ukes, I have decided to name it Placido (after Placido Domingo).
    Last edited by bellgamin; 05-06-2020 at 10:32 AM. Reason: spelling

Barry, what about “solid acacia?” Warm, like walnut and Mahogany?
    “Well, today is a good day to make music.”

Quote Originally Posted by terrgy View Post
    Barry, what about “solid acacia?” Warm, like walnut and Mahogany?
    Acacia (much like Hawaiian Koa) I always find has a mix of all things. Very rich tone - highs AND lows.
    The GOT A UKULELE REVIEWS DATABASE!

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano, KM Ukuleles Dreadnought Concert, Brüko walnut soprano

Barry, when you received your Kai KTI tenor to review, did it require a setup, or just fine out of the box?

2nd question: Is Thomann over in the UK considered a big box store, like Amazon Sweetwater or Musician’s Friend, over here?

Thomann’s offer their Kai’s at a much lower price, than SU and others, but a set up is around $55 and delays shipping a few days.

So you can see why I am asking the first question.

Thank you
    Terry

It was fine - however.... over here the KTI distibutor is a company called 'Stones Music'. He is renowned for setting up his instruments even before they are delivered to the stores. Add to which this came on loan from a store here called World of Ukes, who ALSO check setup carefully... as such, it was going to be highly unlikely this wouldn't arrive perfect on that front...

Can't speak for Thomann, but I DO consider them a big box shipper - what arrives from them will not have been opened since it arrived from the factory.
    The GOT A UKULELE REVIEWS DATABASE!

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano, KM Ukuleles Dreadnought Concert, Brüko walnut soprano

Thanks for the info, Barry.

Thread Information