Wanted: electric lead player for country/Rockabilly

Kimosabe

Reaction score
I have what is considered a very nice country rock voice and I play decent rhythm baritone uke and can provide a simple effective bass line, but I’m nothing special when it comes to being a lead country/ Rockabilly player, with nice fills or solos. I’m also working with a very good drummer who provides very solid drum tracks.

So, I’m looking for someone or someones who would like to join me in building some nice covers and a few originals just for the hell and joy of it.

How would we do this? Soundtrap or Garage Band. Soundtrap preferably. If you don’t know what it is, look it up, better than my describing it. I’m working with a young bloke who is into shredding and that’s not really my thing. I’d like more classic country Rockabilly lines. Wouldn’t mind a harmony singer for choruses, etc.

Oh, yeah, I use an electric Pono baritone. It sounds like a guitar, a rhythm guitar. I’m not really a fan of the typical simple ukulele strum sound. Bad boy!

Looking for someone into playing these leads on electric ukulele or amplified acoustic ukulele, or even guitar.

So, if you’re interested, you could find a way to send me a private email address and I can send you a recording or two where I sing, play rhythm and bass with a drummer. Nice recordings.

Kimo, why not post your track so we all can enjoy and follow the progress of your request, sounds like fun. In fact, if you would like a bass track, I play bass uke and participated in one of these online collaborations a few years ago when I first started playing bass as a tribute to the uke player who lost her life in the Louisiana theater shooting. (I play much better now.)

http://www.kohanmike.com/uploads/Cross That Bridge.mp3

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 13 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 37)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Thank you, kohanmike. How do I post a soundtrack? I’ve downloaded my voice, and rhythm uke, and drums onto my iTunes list on my computer.

I can easily mute the bass track and reload a version to my iTunes and then figure out how to post that with a little help from the crew here but I might prefer doing all of this in private first.

As far as I know, you would have to upload an mp3 file to a site, then use that web address in your message. I have my own web site where I keep items that i upload to web sites. Then when I use it in a post, I click the little Link icon at the top of the message box. I would also need some kind of lead sheet with chords so I can create a bass arrangement, I'm not good at all by ear.

UU Link icon.png

Top Bottom