Thread: Help Identifying this KoAloha

Default Help Identifying this KoAloha

I picked this up today and it was being advertised as an Opio Tenor. It is definitely a soprano and I can't find any markings on it to indicate any model # or Opio anywhere. There was a warranty card tucked away in the case but instead of a model # it just listed all of their main line models, but didn't even mention Opio in the card. The label inside also says made in Hawaii. Any idea what this one is?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kala Tenor Guitar (Strung DGBE)
    Ohana TK-220G All Solid Mango Tenor

Could it be a Pikake Soprano? Looks much like one I had about 10 years ago. I think the design of the fretboard has changed since then so my guess is a late 2000s model.

The new Opios don't have that name anywhere on the instrument but the label should say Made in Thailand.

Look inside at the neck. There should be a date. Mine is a sapele soprano from their first run of Opio's, built in 2014. It has mango fretboard dots, says Opio on the headstock and KoAloha on the bridge.

Wonder if it being 12 fret narrows down the options. It is a beauty.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by actadh; 12-01-2019 at 02:28 PM.
    - Laura

Currently playing the most - Enya Nova U black, 1930's birch sopranino, Mele Double Hole mahogany soprano

Inside says June 2010. So I'm assuming with the Made In Hawaii on the tag that it is likely a Pikake? At 150$ I would've been happy even with an Opio but this seems like a rather lucky birthday find.
    Last edited by Dejekt; 12-01-2019 at 03:45 PM.
    Kala Tenor Guitar (Strung DGBE)
    Ohana TK-220G All Solid Mango Tenor

Quote Originally Posted by Dejekt View Post
    Inside says June 2010. So I'm assuming with the Made In Hawaii on the tag that it is likely a Pikake? At 150$ I would've been happy even with an Opio but this seems like a rather lucky birthday find.
    Yes great catch.

What a nice find!
    - Laura

Currently playing the most - Enya Nova U black, 1930's birch sopranino, Mele Double Hole mahogany soprano

Thread Information