Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Building Kristoff's Ukulele from Frozen

Default Building Kristoff's Ukulele from Frozen

kristoff uke.jpg

Ever since I saw Kristoff's instrument from the first Frozen movie, I wanted to make one. It be a lute, a guitar, or some obscure Scandinavian instrument, but my version is a tenor scale ukulele.

Frozen Uke - 1.jpg

I studied and measured still images from Frozen, and the short film "Olaf's Frozen Adventure" from 2017. I was able to figure most of the specs from those pictures.

Frozen Uke - 2B (2).jpg

For my bowl back, I used a "band saw" bowl method instead of the traditional method of bending staves. I also made the soundhole smaller and closer to the fretboard.

It was a fun project. Here is a video about the build process, and a playing demo at the end.

Looks great. Thanks for sharing....

That's really cool. Thanks for sharing!

I appreciate the insight into the reverse engineering / design process, and I love the bandsaw box bowl idea. Looks like it gives some extra heft for fighting off wolves!

I like the wood burning decoration

Daniel, your 'get an idea and go for it' approach is inspiring. Well done.

A very well realized project. It looks great and sounds good. Congratulations!

John Colter

I'm SCREAMING.

this is so cool and the video at the end was too cute

So like, did you just have all the stuff lying around to make it? Or did you have to plan a ton since there wasn't really a blueprint to make this thing? When did it go from like a "wouldn't it be rad if I made Kristoff's uke" off-hand idea to actually getting out the band saw?

Thanks for checking out my project. It had some challenges, but solving those are half of the fun of building.

To answer your question YUNI, I have been building ukuleles (and other instruments) for a few years now. I've done everything from normal ukulele to crazy ukuleles (like my retractable ukulele, or my ukulele with four necks).

For this ukulele project, I happened to already have all of the parts from other projects. So, after I planned it out, I could get right to it.

Wow what a fun uke. It looks and sounds great.
    K
    Sopranos, Concerts, and Tenors including Baritone body at a Tenor Scale - 4 String, 5 String and 8 String :-)
    For Sale: Seagull Nylon String
    For Sale: National Mahogany Resonator
    For Sale: Gold Tone Resonator

Great 'reconstruction/realization'. Sounds fine. I love the FCK t-shirt.
    The seven dwarfs' ball from Disney's 'Snow White' shows many instruments that 'need' to be made in real life. I had a go at one of them. I'll see if I can post a picture when I get home.

Thread Information