Asking for a friend...

I am using short bursts of info because the wind is disrupting my AT&T I-Net connection. I removed the mike as my solid body bass sounds so much better. A trip to The Florida Keys Northernmost Ukulele Society facebook page will provide a sound bite of the solid body b'uke. The acoustic is now my practice instrument to attempt to sing with and play along with the computer.

What do you think of this acoustic-electric Charvel Surfcaster for a short scale bass conversion? Body or sound hole too small?

Maybe I'd be better off just selling it and buying a bass. But I really like the look and feel of it, other than the somewhat narrow for me 6-string spacing. And the specs(25.4" scale and 1.75" nut) seem about spot on for where I think I'd like to be with a bass.

Also have this Dean Exhibition thinline A-E, which has a deeper tone.
But much larger body and shorter neck. So less than ideal for a bass conversion in it's own right.

Attachments

• 20191121_193311.jpg
    20191121_193311.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 4
O&S, I have been off-line for a bit. Probably, no acoustic guitar conversion that I know of will give enough bass oomph to be heard well in a mix without amplification. I will post more in the recent acoustic bass thread. Sorry for the delay.

No worries. I didn't really think I wanted to go that way anyhow.

I've started noticing a few electric bass guitars priced great around. An Ibanez Ergodyne 5-string in great shape for a hundred bucks. And a couple of Mikro's. One perfect just under a hundred and one kinda dinged up for less than half that.

My first actual thoughts on the Mikro's was bolting on a shorter wider neck and making a solid body baritone uke or tenor guitar. So maybe I shouldn't even be considering a bass right now.

Top Bottom