Giving Tuesday

Joyful Uke

Reaction score
This being giving Tuesday, I donated to a couple of my favorite animal rescue groups, and then went to DonorsChoose to find a classroom project to support. I found one project that was trying to raise money to buy ukuleles for the students, so of course, had to give to that one.

Sometimes the projects tug at the heartstrings. I helped fund one in the past that simply wanted pencils for the students. They weren't able to afford them, and the school couldn't provide them, either.

Anyway, since there were ukulele related projects, I thought I'd mention it, in case someone else is inclined to help fund the program. (I think there was one that is fully funded now, and one that has a little ways to go. I didn't keep looking past that point.)

Nice!
Have a blessed Christmas and new year!
Best
Ron

I'm going to have a belated Giving Tuesday when a few of us play for a knitting group holiday event tomorrow of about 200 people. The pay to us is going entirely for ukuieles to UCLA/Mattel Children's Hospital via The Ukulele Kids Club.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 13 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 37)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

I'm going to have a belated Giving Tuesday when a few of us play for a knitting group holiday event tomorrow of about 200 people. The pay to us is going entirely for ukuieles to UCLA/Mattel Children's Hospital via The Ukulele Kids Club.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 13 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 37)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

That's a double belated giving Tuesday. I'm sure that the knitting group will enjoy the music, and it's great that the Ukulele Kids Club will get the donation.
That to me is what this time of year is about. :)

Top Bottom