Thread: Intro

Default Aloha from South Alabama

Aloha everyone,
    I lived most of my life in Hawaii and moved away in 1999. Shortly after, I retired from military service in 2002. I have had my Ukulele's for years, have traveled all over the world with them. Unfortunately I have always lived a very fast paced life and have never really had the time to learn much...or as much as I would have like to anyways.

I have since been kinda forced into retirement due to issues from being overseas and having to deal with baggage from it. So needless to say, playing the ukulele has brought me some much needed peace. Signed up with Craig & Sarah for lessons online. I have enjoyed their program and the many tutorials online via You Tube.

We have free beginners Ukulele classes here in South Alabama via Blue Angel Music and I take most of my nieces and nephews along for the fun. It's a lot of fun and have anywhere from 15 to as many as 70 people come to them!

Look forward to the Ohana spirit on this forum and guidance, Mahalo in advance for any help I receive along the way. IMG_0598.jpg
    Last edited by hobbes0225; 12-03-2019 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Title change
    Life is short, prepare your salvation for your soul....live life to the fullest in the moment.

Welcome to the UU Forum, hobbes. It's a good place to hang out. Lots of helpful people, and much to learn.
    What make/model is the ukulele in the photo? It's very nice looking.

Jan D.
    KoAloha KCM-00 (koa concert)
    KoAloha Opio KCO-10 (acacia concert)
    Thormahlen Yew-kulele (yew concert)
    Kala KA-SLNG (long neck soprano)
    Flight TUS35 (blue soprano)

Quote Originally Posted by hobbes0225 View Post
    Aloha everyone,
    I lived most of my life in Hawaii and moved away in 1999. Shortly after, I retired from military service in 2002. I have had my Ukulele's for years, have traveled all over the world with them. Unfortunately I have always lived a very fast paced life and have never really had the time to learn much...or as much as I would have like to anyways.

I have since been kinda forced into retirement due to issues from being overseas and having to deal with baggage from it. So needless to say, playing the ukulele has brought me some much needed peace. Signed up with Craig & Sarah for lessons online. I have enjoyed their program and the many tutorials online via You Tube.

We have free beginners Ukulele classes here in South Alabama via Blue Angel Music and I take most of my nieces and nephews along for the fun. It's a lot of fun and have anywhere from 15 to as many as 70 people come to them! Look forward to the Ohana spirit on this forum and guidance, Mahalo in advance for any help I receive along the way.

IMG_0598.jpg
    Welcome Hobbs, seems like you'll fit right in here. I love that blonde body uke style. By the way, when you add an attachment, be sure to first hit a carriage return before so you don't expand the sentence like that. Like I did for you in the quote above.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
    9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 13 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 37)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    • Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers
    Last edited by kohanmike; 12-05-2019 at 10:23 PM.

Welcome to UU
    Grandma Uker Penny

Welcome hobbes0225!

Quote Originally Posted by Jan D View Post
    Welcome to the UU Forum, hobbes. It's a good place to hang out. Lots of helpful people, and much to learn.
    What make/model is the ukulele in the photo? It's very nice looking.

Jan D.
    That's the Kala Flame Maple Tenor, has an incredible sound.
    IMG_0594.jpgIMG_0596.jpgIMG_0599.jpg
    Life is short, prepare your salvation for your soul....live life to the fullest in the moment.

Thread Information