Intro

hobbes0225

Reaction score
Aloha from South Alabama

Aloha everyone,
I lived most of my life in Hawaii and moved away in 1999. Shortly after, I retired from military service in 2002. I have had my Ukulele's for years, have traveled all over the world with them. Unfortunately I have always lived a very fast paced life and have never really had the time to learn much...or as much as I would have like to anyways.

I have since been kinda forced into retirement due to issues from being overseas and having to deal with baggage from it. So needless to say, playing the ukulele has brought me some much needed peace. Signed up with Craig & Sarah for lessons online. I have enjoyed their program and the many tutorials online via You Tube.

We have free beginners Ukulele classes here in South Alabama via Blue Angel Music and I take most of my nieces and nephews along for the fun. It's a lot of fun and have anywhere from 15 to as many as 70 people come to them!

Look forward to the Ohana spirit on this forum and guidance, Mahalo in advance for any help I receive along the way. IMG_0598.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the UU Forum, hobbes. It's a good place to hang out. Lots of helpful people, and much to learn.
What make/model is the ukulele in the photo? It's very nice looking.

Jan D.

Aloha everyone,
I lived most of my life in Hawaii and moved away in 1999. Shortly after, I retired from military service in 2002. I have had my Ukulele's for years, have traveled all over the world with them. Unfortunately I have always lived a very fast paced life and have never really had the time to learn much...or as much as I would have like to anyways.

I have since been kinda forced into retirement due to issues from being overseas and having to deal with baggage from it. So needless to say, playing the ukulele has brought me some much needed peace. Signed up with Craig & Sarah for lessons online. I have enjoyed their program and the many tutorials online via You Tube.

We have free beginners Ukulele classes here in South Alabama via Blue Angel Music and I take most of my nieces and nephews along for the fun. It's a lot of fun and have anywhere from 15 to as many as 70 people come to them! Look forward to the Ohana spirit on this forum and guidance, Mahalo in advance for any help I receive along the way.

View attachment 123405

Welcome Hobbs, seems like you'll fit right in here. I love that blonde body uke style. By the way, when you add an attachment, be sure to first hit a carriage return before so you don't expand the sentence like that. Like I did for you in the quote above.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 13 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 37)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Last edited:
Welcome to the UU Forum, hobbes. It's a good place to hang out. Lots of helpful people, and much to learn.
What make/model is the ukulele in the photo? It's very nice looking.

Jan D.

That's the Kala Flame Maple Tenor, has an incredible sound.
IMG_0594.jpgIMG_0596.jpgIMG_0599.jpg

Top Bottom