Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Buying my first... help!

Quote Originally Posted by colinondrums View Post
    Order placed. Kanile'a K-1T-DLX.

I don't know the rules on linking listings, but that's the only picture I have right now. Pumped.

Thanks everyone for all your help!!! I guess I knew from the beginning.

...guess I gotta learn ukulele now...
    Congratulations.......you are choosing from your heart. You can’t go wrong doing that. Please do a NUD (New Uke Day) post with lots of pictures once you have received it.
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields walnut pineapple super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Enya Nova *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

Beautiful to look at and wonderful to hear.
    It's going to please both your eye and your ear.

I don't know the rules on linking listings, but that's the only picture I have right now. Pumped.

Thanks everyone for all your help!!! I guess I knew from the beginning.

...guess I gotta learn ukulele now...
    Great! That was the one I was backing all along. I wonder if that makes me an influencer like those celebrities with no visible talents?

You will enjoy your Kanile'a. It has good low end, plus it can sound very Hawaiian or guitar-y depending upon the strings.

Low-G it can be very boomy with some strings. Wound or plain, it sounds great on the Kanile'a tenor. Nylon high-g seems, to me, to be more Hawaiian sound in nature.
    Have fun experimenting.

Did you decide on having a pickup installed? It isn't essential. Depends upon how you are going to use your uke. Usually you get a break on the cost if you get one installed when you buy the instrument. But you can always have one put in at a later date.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don’t begin to know until you begin to try to do.

—Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

Looking forward to NUD report with unboxing pics ... hopefully soon ...

Thread Information