Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NUD : Christmas present to myself TT Mango

Default NUD : Christmas present to myself TT Mango

Christmas present to myself arrived early. This is a Tiny Tenor Mango uke created by Daniel Ho !
    Since I own a Daniel Ho 6 Strings guitar , why not collect a mango off his fruit tree too.
    This instrument is fitted with a K&k pick up which is surprisingly good!
    Very shinny and easy to play.
    I am not good at writing long review.....Here is a classical piece I recorded last week. Let’s you be the judge. PS : Downupdave .... this is for you!

Photos of the two brothers plus photo of the uke tree in Daniel Ho’s backyard attached
    3304F93E-6B19-4F9D-ADA0-51A417DD1DBC.jpg
    650502C7-929E-49F8-A5DA-0202486626D7.jpg
    6EDFEB14-FB33-4090-B6E7-7182CE655C83.jpg
    Last edited by SoloRule; 12-04-2019 at 04:53 PM.

Kerrville, TX - Heart of the Fabulous Texas Hill Country

Beautiful instrument, and lovely performance! Congrats! I have the Mahogany Tiny Tenor in my collection, and play it often. Many years of happy strumming to you!

P.S. When I play it, my left hand bumps up against the lower tuning pegs on certain chords. Do you have that happen? No big deal, but something different.
    Last edited by VegasGeorge; 12-04-2019 at 12:27 PM.
    "The sole cause of all human misery is the inability of people
    to sit quietly in their rooms." - Blaise Pascal, 1670

Great looking and sounding Mango tenor. Where did you find it? Only mango TT I seem to see are on Instagram. LOL. The mango shown at on line dealers either don’t look that good or the second they are put on line they seem to be gone. You are very fortunate. Enjoy and congrats!

Beautiful uke, and great playing Brenda! Your thumb covers a lot of ground very accurately! I'd love to learn that one, if you have a source for the TAB, let me know.
    Last edited by Ukecaster; 12-04-2019 at 02:53 PM.
    John

Congrats, Brenda!
    Aren't the TTs lovely?
    Nice tune, too.
    I just had a pickup put in my wife's TT, she played it onstage first time tonight, very cool.
    She plays a mahogany one with Worth Brown strings....
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Quote Originally Posted by VegasGeorge View Post
    Beautiful instrument, and lovely performance! Congrats! I have the Mahogany Tiny Tenor in my collection, and play it often. Many years of happy strumming to you!

P.S. When I play it, my left hand bumps up against the lower tuning pegs on certain chords. Do you have that happen? No big deal, but something different.
    I had a TT spruce top about two years ago . My left hand bumped up against the top as well but I don’t have that issue with the mango. Perhaps RC corrected the problem since then. Thank you for watching

Quote Originally Posted by M3Ukulele View Post
    Great looking and sounding Mango tenor. Where did you find it? Only mango TT I seem to see are on Instagram. LOL. The mango shown at on line dealers either don’t look that good or the second they are put on line they seem to be gone. You are very fortunate. Enjoy and congrats!
    Mango wood has a very unique patterns. Each one is different! HMS carries it but you need to act quick. They seem to be very popular. Not too many on the resales market so owners must be pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Ukecaster View Post
    Beautiful uke, and great playing Brenda! Your thumb covers a lot of ground very accurately! I'd love to learn that one, if you have a source for the TAB, let me know.
    John pm me with your email address.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie View Post
    Congrats, Brenda!
    Aren't the TTs lovely?
    Nice tune, too.
    I just had a pickup put in my wife's TT, she played it onstage first time tonight, very cool.
    She plays a mahogany one with Worth Brown strings....
    I heard the mahogany got a very warm sound. I sold my first TT ( spruce top ) couple of years ago but regret selling ever since. It is very comfortable to hold.

I just did a solo performance tonight using the mango plugged to my little Yamaha AMP. The result was OK, may be the room was too big. I ended up using a mic instead.

Quote Originally Posted by SoloRule View Post
    I heard the mahogany got a very warm sound. I sold my first TT ( spruce top ) couple of years ago but regret selling ever since. It is very comfortable to hold.

I just did a solo performance tonight using the mango plugged to my little Yamaha AMP. The result was OK, may be the room was too big. I ended up using a mic instead.
    What pickup do you have?
    Tammy's uses a LR Baggs 5.0.
    Punchy, mellow, just an all around beautiful sound. Probably the best sounding uke in the house, unplugged or plugged.
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Thread Information