Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NUD : Christmas present to myself TT Mango

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie View Post
    What pickup do you have?
    Tammy's uses a LR Baggs 5.0.
    Punchy, mellow, just an all around beautiful sound. Probably the best sounding uke in the house, unplugged or plugged.
    It’s fitted with K&K. Not the best.
    I prefer MiSi. LR Baggs is the loudest , I just don’t care for the battery changes!

Lovely playing. The mango sounds great. Beautiful spalting. Nice that it has a big brother to keep it company.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don’t begin to know until you begin to try to do.

—Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by SoloRule View Post
    Christmas present to myself arrived early. This is a Tiny Tenor Mango uke created by Daniel Ho !
    Since I own a Daniel Ho 6 Strings guitar , why not collect a mango off his fruit tree too.
    This instrument is fitted with a K&k pick up which is surprisingly good!
    Very shinny and easy to play.
    I am not good at writing long review.....Here is a classical piece I recorded last week. Let’s you be the judge. PS : Downupdave .... this is for you!

Photos of the two brothers plus photo of the uke tree in Daniel Ho’s backyard attached
    Attachment 123427
    Attachment 123429
    Attachment 123428
    That's a beauty. I like the look of spalted mango, but I no longer have one. : (
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Brenda came over to my house to show me her new “Christmas Present”. She did own a spruce mahogany TT and always regretted selling it. But she has lusted over the spalted mango a long time so her Christmas dreams came true.

It played really nice, good balance and comfortable in the lap with a strap. I usually like a chunky neck but this shallower profile was a joy to play. Think of a Koaloha concert neck shape, medium depth and profile. It has a very sweet tone, warm but articulate. Both Brenda and I agreed it had less volume then the spruce top but sounded so wonderful there was no need to mess with strings.

Congratulations on your gift from you to you Brenda. You MUST have been a good girl this year
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Enya Nova *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

Congratulations Brenda, not only does this one look wonderful, it also sounds great (or you make it sound so)! This is some of the nicest spalted Mango I have seen, you are indeed lucky to have found such a special one.
    Enjoying instruments by - Beau Hannam - Jay Lichty - Jerry Hoffmann - Luis Feu de Mesquita - Kala - Kamaka - Kanile'a - KoAloha - Ko'olau - Moore Bettah - Pono - Romero Creations - and others

Congrats, looks beautiful!
    I'm a Ukulele newbie, one day I'll make my Ukuleles proud.

LFDM Tenor Sinker redwood+ Cocobolo
    Martin Style 3 Centennial Soprano
    Blackbird Farallon
    Risa stick Concert

Ooooohhhhhh, pretty!
    ~ "Music washes away the dust of everyday life" ~

•••••••••• ••••••••••••••••••••

Concert - Kanile'a KSC-C
    Tenor - Anuenue UT200 • Sumi Kobo sinker cedar + ziricote • Kamaka 100th anniversary • Kanile'a KSR-T • LFDM ukaferri
    Baritone - Kala SMHB

Took it to my music band night.... it was like walking a cute looking dog. I was surrounded with curious audiences asking me what kind of instrument is this. I was the popular woman that night.

Very nice! Beautiful in every way.

If I ever get to where I feel worthy as a musician, I will have a nice mango uke.
    The crew...Giannini Baritone Uke, Washburn Rover "4-string tenor guitar", Yamaha G-85A classical guitar.

In the works....LP style long scale wide neck solid body electric tenor guitar.

Wall hanger...The Loar Honey Creek type-A Mandolin.

Quote Originally Posted by old and slow View Post
    Very nice! Beautiful in every way.

If I ever get to where I feel worthy as a musician, I will have a nice mango uke.
    Hey Old 'n Slow, you are worthy! The time is now! Especially in light of Brenda's concept of getting "a Christmas present for myself"-- I must say I really like that concept! And Brenda, that's a beautiful instrument and beautiful playing!

Thread Information