Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: NUD : Christmas present to myself TT Mango

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Pickering, ON, Canada
    Posts
    5,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Sheehan View Post
    Hey Old 'n Slow, you are worthy! The time is now! Especially in light of Brenda's concept of getting "a Christmas present for myself"-- I must say I really like that concept! And Brenda, that's a beautiful instrument and beautiful playing!
    Old ‘n Slow Bill makes a very good point about the time is now. If you love to play and it brings you joy then you are worthy. That is the only criteria, if playing skill was one I certainly won’t be worthy of any of my instruments. Fortunately there is no “Standardized Ukulele Examine” we have to pass to graduate up to the nice stuff.

    If you are breathing you qualify. You will be dead for a very long time so enjoy life now while you can.
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Enya Nova *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Toronto , Canada
    Posts
    2,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DownUpDave View Post
    Old ‘n Slow Bill makes a very good point about the time is now. If you love to play and it brings you joy then you are worthy. That is the only criteria, if playing skill was one I certainly won’t be worthy of any of my instruments. Fortunately there is no “Standardized Ukulele Examine” we have to pass to graduate up to the nice stuff.

    If you are breathing you qualify. You will be dead for a very long time so enjoy life now while you can.
    Dave.... I like your outlook in life.
    I learned in my Old age that I need to be good to myself NOW.
    If I don’t .... my hard earned money will end up either with the tax man or nursing home care.
    You have been the greatest enabler a girl can ever asked!

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Sheehan View Post
    Hey Old 'n Slow, you are worthy! The time is now! Especially in light of Brenda's concept of getting "a Christmas present for myself"-- I must say I really like that concept! And Brenda, that's a beautiful instrument and beautiful playing!
    Ha! I've already given myself a baritone uke, classical guitar, couple of acoustic-electric guitars, a tiny travel guitar with wide nut that I converted to a tenor guitar, and a couple of electric guitars. Oh yeah, and a couple of mandolins. All in the name of throwing them against the wall to see what sticks.

    Think I'm going to keep the uke, the Rover tenor, a mandolin, and maybe the G-85A. Sell the rest and get something to convert to a small solid body electric tenor guitar.

    Might have to build a uke myself to get the exact specs I want.

    Or maybe next year, after I've gained some semblance of a skill, I will have a custom mango uke made by someone. Wide nut, long neck, maybe thin unorthadox shaped(bowl back?) body, acoustic-electric baritone ukulele.
    Last edited by old and slow; 12-08-2019 at 02:00 PM.
    The crew...Giannini Baritone Uke, Washburn Rover "4-string tenor guitar", Yamaha G-85A classical guitar.

    In the works....LP style long scale wide neck solid body electric tenor guitar.

    Wall hanger...The Loar Honey Creek type-A Mandolin.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Springfield, IL
    Posts
    1,291

    Default

    Hahahaha! Well, I guess you have been pretty good to yourself so far! But that's cool! I see you have a Giannini in your herd; I recall Jose Feliciano liking that brand!

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Sheehan View Post
    Hahahaha! Well, I guess you have been pretty good to yourself so far! But that's cool! I see you have a Giannini in your herd; I recall Jose Feliciano liking that brand!
    If it's good enough for Jose', it's good enough for me!

    But the scale, neck, and nut do have a sort of super tenor feel. And may eventually be tuned that way.

    My next bari will have a 21" scale and something near a 40mm nut. I got these chunks of eastern red cedar laying around...and some similar chunks of mulberry that I might like better for a dugout/bowl back body........although I may look for a piece of mesquite.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The crew...Giannini Baritone Uke, Washburn Rover "4-string tenor guitar", Yamaha G-85A classical guitar.

    In the works....LP style long scale wide neck solid body electric tenor guitar.

    Wall hanger...The Loar Honey Creek type-A Mandolin.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Springfield, IL
    Posts
    1,291

    Default

    Wow, nice! Should be a great adventure!

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    113

    Default

    That it will. I'm not expecting it to turn out as nice as SoloRule's new toy though.
    The crew...Giannini Baritone Uke, Washburn Rover "4-string tenor guitar", Yamaha G-85A classical guitar.

    In the works....LP style long scale wide neck solid body electric tenor guitar.

    Wall hanger...The Loar Honey Creek type-A Mandolin.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •