NUD : Christmas present to myself TT Mango

SoloRule

Reaction score
Christmas present to myself arrived early. This is a Tiny Tenor Mango uke created by Daniel Ho !
Since I own a Daniel Ho 6 Strings guitar , why not collect a mango off his fruit tree too.
This instrument is fitted with a K&k pick up which is surprisingly good!
Very shinny and easy to play.
I am not good at writing long review.....Here is a classical piece I recorded last week. Let’s you be the judge. PS : Downupdave .... this is for you!

Photos of the two brothers plus photo of the uke tree in Daniel Ho’s backyard attached
3304F93E-6B19-4F9D-ADA0-51A417DD1DBC.jpg
650502C7-929E-49F8-A5DA-0202486626D7.jpg
6EDFEB14-FB33-4090-B6E7-7182CE655C83.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful instrument, and lovely performance! Congrats! I have the Mahogany Tiny Tenor in my collection, and play it often. Many years of happy strumming to you!

P.S. When I play it, my left hand bumps up against the lower tuning pegs on certain chords. Do you have that happen? No big deal, but something different.

Last edited:
Great looking and sounding Mango tenor. Where did you find it? Only mango TT I seem to see are on Instagram. LOL. The mango shown at on line dealers either don’t look that good or the second they are put on line they seem to be gone. You are very fortunate. Enjoy and congrats!

Congrats, Brenda!
Aren't the TTs lovely?
Nice tune, too.
I just had a pickup put in my wife's TT, she played it onstage first time tonight, very cool.
She plays a mahogany one with Worth Brown strings....

Beautiful instrument, and lovely performance! Congrats! I have the Mahogany Tiny Tenor in my collection, and play it often. Many years of happy strumming to you!

P.S. When I play it, my left hand bumps up against the lower tuning pegs on certain chords. Do you have that happen? No big deal, but something different.

I had a TT spruce top about two years ago . My left hand bumped up against the top as well but I don’t have that issue with the mango. Perhaps RC corrected the problem since then. Thank you for watching

Great looking and sounding Mango tenor. Where did you find it? Only mango TT I seem to see are on Instagram. LOL. The mango shown at on line dealers either don’t look that good or the second they are put on line they seem to be gone. You are very fortunate. Enjoy and congrats!

Mango wood has a very unique patterns. Each one is different! HMS carries it but you need to act quick. They seem to be very popular. Not too many on the resales market so owners must be pleased.

Congrats, Brenda!
Aren't the TTs lovely?
Nice tune, too.
I just had a pickup put in my wife's TT, she played it onstage first time tonight, very cool.
She plays a mahogany one with Worth Brown strings....

I heard the mahogany got a very warm sound. I sold my first TT ( spruce top ) couple of years ago but regret selling ever since. It is very comfortable to hold.

I just did a solo performance tonight using the mango plugged to my little Yamaha AMP. The result was OK, may be the room was too big. I ended up using a mic instead.

I heard the mahogany got a very warm sound. I sold my first TT ( spruce top ) couple of years ago but regret selling ever since. It is very comfortable to hold.

I just did a solo performance tonight using the mango plugged to my little Yamaha AMP. The result was OK, may be the room was too big. I ended up using a mic instead.

What pickup do you have?
Tammy's uses a LR Baggs 5.0.
Punchy, mellow, just an all around beautiful sound. Probably the best sounding uke in the house, unplugged or plugged.

What pickup do you have?
Tammy's uses a LR Baggs 5.0.
Punchy, mellow, just an all around beautiful sound. Probably the best sounding uke in the house, unplugged or plugged.

It’s fitted with K&K. Not the best.
I prefer MiSi. LR Baggs is the loudest , I just don’t care for the battery changes!

Lovely playing. The mango sounds great. Beautiful spalting. Nice that it has a big brother to keep it company.

Christmas present to myself arrived early. This is a Tiny Tenor Mango uke created by Daniel Ho !
Since I own a Daniel Ho 6 Strings guitar , why not collect a mango off his fruit tree too.
This instrument is fitted with a K&k pick up which is surprisingly good!
Very shinny and easy to play.
I am not good at writing long review.....Here is a classical piece I recorded last week. Let’s you be the judge. PS : Downupdave .... this is for you!

Photos of the two brothers plus photo of the uke tree in Daniel Ho’s backyard attached
View attachment 123427
View attachment 123429
View attachment 123428

That's a beauty. I like the look of spalted mango, but I no longer have one. : (

Brenda came over to my house to show me her new “Christmas Present”. She did own a spruce mahogany TT and always regretted selling it. But she has lusted over the spalted mango a long time so her Christmas dreams came true.

It played really nice, good balance and comfortable in the lap with a strap. I usually like a chunky neck but this shallower profile was a joy to play. Think of a Koaloha concert neck shape, medium depth and profile. It has a very sweet tone, warm but articulate. Both Brenda and I agreed it had less volume then the spruce top but sounded so wonderful there was no need to mess with strings.

Congratulations on your gift from you to you Brenda. You MUST have been a good girl this year :music:

Congratulations Brenda, not only does this one look wonderful, it also sounds great (or you make it sound so)! This is some of the nicest spalted Mango I have seen, you are indeed lucky to have found such a special one.

Took it to my music band night.... it was like walking a cute looking dog. I was surrounded with curious audiences asking me what kind of instrument is this. I was the popular woman that night. :D

Very nice! Beautiful in every way.

If I ever get to where I feel worthy as a musician, I will have a nice mango uke.

Very nice! Beautiful in every way.

If I ever get to where I feel worthy as a musician, I will have a nice mango uke.

Hey Old 'n Slow, you are worthy! The time is now! Especially in light of Brenda's concept of getting "a Christmas present for myself"-- I must say I really like that concept! And Brenda, that's a beautiful instrument and beautiful playing!

Top Bottom