NUD : Christmas present to myself TT Mango

Hey Old 'n Slow, you are worthy! The time is now! Especially in light of Brenda's concept of getting "a Christmas present for myself"-- I must say I really like that concept! And Brenda, that's a beautiful instrument and beautiful playing!

Old ‘n Slow Bill makes a very good point about the time is now. If you love to play and it brings you joy then you are worthy. That is the only criteria, if playing skill was one I certainly won’t be worthy of any of my instruments. Fortunately there is no “Standardized Ukulele Examine” we have to pass to graduate up to the nice stuff.

If you are breathing you qualify. You will be dead for a very long time so enjoy life now while you can.

Old ‘n Slow Bill makes a very good point about the time is now. If you love to play and it brings you joy then you are worthy. That is the only criteria, if playing skill was one I certainly won’t be worthy of any of my instruments. Fortunately there is no “Standardized Ukulele Examine” we have to pass to graduate up to the nice stuff.

If you are breathing you qualify. You will be dead for a very long time so enjoy life now while you can.

Dave.... I like your outlook in life.
I learned in my Old age that I need to be good to myself NOW.
If I don’t .... my hard earned money will end up either with the tax man or nursing home care.
You have been the greatest enabler a girl can ever asked! :D

Hey Old 'n Slow, you are worthy! The time is now! Especially in light of Brenda's concept of getting "a Christmas present for myself"-- I must say I really like that concept! And Brenda, that's a beautiful instrument and beautiful playing!

Ha! I've already given myself a baritone uke, classical guitar, couple of acoustic-electric guitars, a tiny travel guitar with wide nut that I converted to a tenor guitar, and a couple of electric guitars. Oh yeah, and a couple of mandolins. All in the name of throwing them against the wall to see what sticks.

Think I'm going to keep the uke, the Rover tenor, a mandolin, and maybe the G-85A. Sell the rest and get something to convert to a small solid body electric tenor guitar.

Might have to build a uke myself to get the exact specs I want.

Or maybe next year, after I've gained some semblance of a skill, I will have a custom mango uke made by someone. Wide nut, long neck, maybe thin unorthadox shaped(bowl back?) body, acoustic-electric baritone ukulele.

Last edited:
Hahahaha! Well, I guess you have been pretty good to yourself so far! But that's cool! I see you have a Giannini in your herd; I recall Jose Feliciano liking that brand!

Hahahaha! Well, I guess you have been pretty good to yourself so far! But that's cool! I see you have a Giannini in your herd; I recall Jose Feliciano liking that brand!

If it's good enough for Jose', it's good enough for me!:D

But the scale, neck, and nut do have a sort of super tenor feel. And may eventually be tuned that way.

My next bari will have a 21" scale and something near a 40mm nut. I got these chunks of eastern red cedar laying around...and some similar chunks of mulberry that I might like better for a dugout/bowl back body.....:rolleyes:...although I may look for a piece of mesquite.

Attachments

• 20191207_132655.jpg
    20191207_132655.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 5
Top Bottom