NUD: Not a Ukulele Day

BigJackBrass

Charlatan, Humbug & Imitation Humorist
UU VIP
Reaction score
Thanks to an unexpectedly tempting discount at World of Ukes at the weekend (not only money off, but profits donated to charity, which is a marvelous gesture by Matt) the ukulele I had decided to buy myself for the impending Significant Birthday™ next year ended up being purchased rather sooner than planned.

Today should have seen the arrival of a Kiwaya KTC-2 mahogany concert uke here at Whartson Hall. The despatch notification arrived. The tracking notification arrived. The delivery time notification arrived. The "we're running late" notification arrived…

Then the tracking showed that they had returned to the depot and would deliver tomorrow instead. Thanks, DHL.

So, tomorrow should see the arrival of a Kiwaya KTC-2 mahogany concert uke here at Whartson Hall… I, of course, will be working late unlike today and will have very little time to fondle and caress it once I get back. Roll on the weekend and no more New Ukulele Frustration Days.

Last edited:
Dontcha just hate it when that happens! Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

John Colter

Best of luck that it arrives this time.

Don't forget to let it acclimate to the temperature and humidity before you open the case. It strains the self restraint, but it worth it in the long run.

Enjoy it this weekend.

"Don't forget to let it acclimate to the temperature and humidity before you open the case"

That's a good point. I've never done that, but will in future.

John Colter

I'm hoping that it arrives (if it arrives…) early enough in the day that it will have hours in the house before I get home. Fingers crossed.

I’m looking for a Blueridge T60 tenor guitar that was supposed to be delivered tomorrow, but now Amazon says today. Just the opposite of yours.

Good luck, I hope it all goes well for both of us. :eek:ld:

Thanks to an unexpectedly tempting discount at World of Ukes at the weekend (not only money off, but profits donated to charity, which is a marvelous gesture by Matt) the ukulele I had decided to buy myself for the impending Significant Birthday™ next year ended up being purchased rather sooner than planned.

Today should have seen the arrival of a Kiwaya KTC-2 mahogany concert uke here at Whartson Hall. The despatch notification arrived. The tracking notification arrived. The delivery time notification arrived. The "we're running late" notification arrived…

Then the tracking showed that they had returned to the depot and would deliver tomorrow instead. Thanks, DHL.

So, tomorrow should see the arrival of a Kiwaya KTC-2 mahogany concert uke here at Whartson Hall… I, of course, will be working late unlike today and will have very little time to fondle and caress it once I get back. Roll on the weekend and no more New Ukulele Frustration Days.

Waiting for a major delivery can be frustrating. UPS is going crazy here. I got two deliveries after 7:00 PM and one at 10:15 PM. I received an email saying the 10:15 PM delivery would arrive the next day, but I guess the driver wanted to keep on working. I have two packages coming today. One left town at 3:22 AM, and another left at 7:02 AM.

Here's the Kiwaya, an absolute beauty. Impeccably finished, a joy to hold and it chimes like an angel's doorbell :D

The angle of the headstock makes the mahogany look quite a different shade to the body in the photo, but they're actually matched very nicely.

IMG_20191205_201208-01.jpg IMG_20191205_201500-01.jpgIMG_20191205_201509.jpgIMG_20191205_201530.jpg

I also received my tenor guitar — at 3 minutes to 8 pm the time promised by Amazon. I’ll probably open the box tomorrow. :eek:ld:

Top Bottom