Thje Ultimate Kanilea

Ukecaster

Reaction score
Last edited:
My ultimate Kanile'a would probably be that Pineapple Tenor they only made for 2019. I love Cedar as a tonewood, but on a Kanile'a, I'd rather have Koa. I guess they are looking around for alternatives as the supply of Koa is diminishing.

My ultimate Kanile'a would probably be that Pineapple Tenor they only made for 2019. I love Cedar as a tonewood, but on a Kanile'a, I'd rather have Koa. I guess they are looking around for alternatives as the supply of Koa is diminishing.

The pineapple is lovely, but wait until you see the 2020 ... I got a preview at the factory tour last week! As for the ultimate ... I played it in their showroom. For me it was an 8-string slothead that they had there. First uke ever that made my GF shout out expletives when she heard me play it. :eek:

Last edited:
Why a 12 fret neck? Just curious

Because I like to strum/fingerpick over the 15th on a tenor and I typically don’t venture up the neck too far. Also, the shorter neck, given the same scale length, is often designed with the bridge deeper into the lower bout and I like the tone. At least it was built that way on my Cordoba 30T. I never should have sold that uke...but I needed the cash for my Kiwaya Artist series tenor.
And 12 frets are cool... there’s that, too

First uke ever that made my GF shout out expletives when she heard me play it.
Whenever I play, all I get are 4-letter words. STOP! DON'T! NONO!
:smileybounce:

Top Bottom