Learned something new

jnicholes

Reaction score
Hello,

So, some context. My older brother loves to listen to music from the song writer Yuki Kajiura. I decided for the holidays I would learn one of her songs on the ukulele.

Unfortunately, I couldnt find the tabs.

So, I had to do it by ear. To my surprise, I was successful. I now know how to figure out a song by ear. It was hard at first, but I did it.

Here it is.

I hope this puts a smile on his face!

Jared

What a great holiday gift for you both. Your brother should appreciate the effort to learn the song, and you now have the gift of knowing that you can figure a song out by ear. Win, win!

Agreed -- nice job, and a really nice thing to do for your brother. Once you have figured out a song by ear, you can figure out lots of 'em. Keep going! It's a good way to learn about music and songwriting as well. Thanks for sharing this.

sometimes necessity is the mother of invention... sometimes we just need to try and persevere!

Way to Go! Lots of things will open up for you from this point on!

keep uke'in',

in the spirit of your inspiration, I'd like to challenge any readers of this thread to use the Key of F
to figure out the melody line for:\
Home on the Range
Jesus Loves Me
Well, just those 2 for now. I think you'll learn a couple of things:
1) that you can do it!
2) some inversions (chords up the neck, in the second position on the fretboard) :)

in the spirit of your inspiration, I'd like to challenge any readers of this thread to use the Key of F
to figure out the melody line for:\
Home on the Range
Jesus Loves Me
Well, just those 2 for now. I think you'll learn a couple of things:
1) that you can do it!
2) some inversions (chords up the neck, in the second position on the fretboard) :)

Home on the range?

Challenge accepted.

Can't exactly do it right now, have a lot of things going on. Just took a goose out of the oven, and I'm doing a bunch of other things right now.

I'll try it out maybe tomorrow or the next day. Depends on how crazy my schedule is.

Had something cancel, so I had time to do it.

Great, Jared -- seems like you figured that out pretty darn quickly. Learning something by ear is a great feeling -- it's kind of empowering. Keep it up and keep posting!

Top Bottom