John Kinnard Mahogany Tenor Style 2, Slotted head, dark tobacco sunburst gloss

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTurner

Reaction score
I am selling my John Kinnard Mahogany Tenor, Style 2, with Slotted headstock and a spectacular dark tobacco sunburst finish in gloss nitro finish. The uke was built in late 2013 and I purchased from a prior Underground owner. This tenor is in near perfect condition, no dings, no scratches, no dents. I have found that radiused fretboards are not completely comfortable for me and that is my only reason for selling. But in every other respect this is a wonderful playing instrument.

Full Dislosure: A close inspection shows on the back—at only a certain angle of light—there are extremely faint marks on the upper bout area, but these cannot be seen otherwise.

Other specifications: tortoise binding with BWB purfling, Gotoh tuners, Rosewood radiused fingerboard with Rosewood binding, Rosewood faceplate, tail stripe, and bridge, bone nut and saddle, and Kinnard headstock inlay. It currently has Pepe Romero low g strings on it. The mahogany sounds wonderful in re-entrant or linear tuning.

It comes with a Uke Crazy tweed hard case. Current 2019 build pricing on a Kinnard like this would be over $3,400.

I was given a special price when I bought this, so I’m passing on the joy:
Asking $1600 plus shipping. PayPal only and you pay the fees please.

Audiofile: https://app.box.com/s/evqwtuunfyljc9svvvu2v19hspk5z0ub

IMG_8358.jpgIMG_8362.jpgIMG_8376.jpgIMG_8374.jpgIMG_8356.jpg

Fantastic opportunity to own a gorgeous Kinnard!

John Kinnard makes outstanding ukuleles. They definitely have a guitar-like sound to them. Very musical and sweet. His tenors have "D" shaped neck that I find very comfortable. And if you like slightly radiused fretboards, you'll love this.

Mahogany, sunburst finish, meticulous craftsmanship, slotted headstock, radius fretboard, very good price. This is the real deal.

If I didn't already own my Mahogany Martin 1T, I'd go for this in a heartbeat. (I think the Kinnard is a better instrument.)

No affiliation—other than being a Kinnard owner.

Last edited:
I am selling my John Kinnard Mahogany Tenor, Style 2, with Slotted headstock and a spectacular dark tobacco sunburst finish in gloss nitro finish. The uke was built in late 2013 and I purchased from a prior Underground owner. This tenor is in near perfect condition, no dings, no scratches, no dents. I have found that radiused fretboards are not completely comfortable for me and that is my only reason for selling. But in every other respect this is a wonderful playing instrument.

Full Dislosure: A close inspection shows on the back—at only a certain angle of light—there are extremely faint marks on the upper bout area, but these cannot be seen otherwise.

Other specifications: tortoise binding with BWB purfling, Gotoh tuners, Rosewood radiused fingerboard with Rosewood binding, Rosewood faceplate, tail stripe, and bridge, bone nut and saddle, and Kinnard headstock inlay. It currently has Pepe Romero low g strings on it. The mahogany sounds wonderful in re-entrant or linear tuning.

It comes with a Uke Crazy tweed hard case. Current 2019 build pricing on a Kinnard like this would be over $3,400.

I was given a special price when I bought this, so I’m passing on the joy:
Asking $1600 plus shipping. PayPal only and you pay the fees please.

Audiofile: https://app.box.com/s/evqwtuunfyljc9svvvu2v19hspk5z0ub

View attachment 123496View attachment 123495View attachment 123494View attachment 123493View attachment 123492

Private message sent.

Wow, that's a beautiful sunburst. And, as someone who loves the Kinnard sound, a beautiful sound to the ukulele as well.

Someone will be getting a fantastic ukulele at a great price. I'm surprised this wasn't sold within a few hours, actually.

Just found that my inbox was full and rejecting messages. That has been corrected.

(Whistling out loud)... Wowwww... That’s a beaut! :drool:

Good luck with the sale! :)

Super deal on a beautiful Kinnard tenor. I definitely prefer the sound of this mahogany tenor to others I have played (Collings, Martin, Little River, to name a few). It was after building this instrument and hearing how special it sounded that Kinnard Ukes decided to make 13 frets to the body their standard for tenors.

New, this upgraded style 2 prices out over $3,500! Can't believe no one has grabbed this yet.

Good Luck on the sale Craig.

If I’m reading the specs right this is mahogany top, back and sides?
Thanks

Really surprised that this Kinnard 2 is still available. Especially at this price.

A Kinnard ukulele is special in both sound and looks. Commissioning one like this new would be over double the asking price and still worth it. At this asking price, you are in the range of production ukes like the 3 Ks and a Kinnard would be such a better one to play and own.

I wish I played tenors so I could buy this one. LOL.
Kinnards are wonderful ukuleles, and this is a great price for one.
IA with others - it's surprising that this is still available.

I have something so similar to this ... with an additional cutaway, and solid head stock.

I use it re-entrant with fluorocarbons on it, and it is wonderful. Warm with brightness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom