Washington DC, VA, MD

FalconSpork

Reaction score
Any Ukulele players out there in the DC, VA, MD metro area?

Hey, I'm in DC for the summer, would love a jam session! Lets make something happen!

Sounds good to me, I'm finishing up a job this week, but after that I have nothing scheduled that I can think of.

There are quite a few ukers in the DC area. To name a few, me, deach, Kat Naso (B-more), tad, h-drix,i can't think of the other names right now but there are plenty more in DC, Baltimore area. Plus there are some folks in Richmond.

I also know of a Hawaiian group that gets together and another group of players in VA. I haven't been to either meetup but they are out there.

Last edited:
I live in MD! Woo! Thought I'd never see a thread here about good ole' Baltimore :shaka:

Still Jamming in DC area?

I just saw this... I'm from NoVA area but a little west of DC (Centreville/Manassas area) but do attend different groups between Hawaii State Society, MUA, and where ever. Still going to set up a jam?

I just saw this... I'm from NoVA area but a little west of DC (Centreville/Manassas area) but do attend different groups between Hawaii State Society, MUA, and where ever. Still going to set up a jam?

I'm always down for a jam... Who's around this week? We can do it at my place in G-town, or meet on the mall somewhere. I heard there's grass there now.

Just to let you guys know, at the Redskins games at FedEx field theres now a group of people from Hawaii that do Tailgating.
The Redskins signed the University of Hawaii star player a couple of years ago, and now all the Hawaiians turn out for him and cook hawaiian food and play the Uke.

Uke (and Guitar) open mic at Creme Cafe

There's a few of us DC Metro locals who are trying to set up an open mic at Creme Cafe -- our trial run (and sorry for late notice) is this Tue (30 Jun), 6 - 10pm, if you guys are interested. Here's the link to Creme Cafe: http://www.cremedc.com/. If you go, ask Bryan about his off menu Hawaiian grinds!

Thats pretty cool, and seeing as how im a skins fan i might just have to make it up to a few games this year! how would i find out more about this group of people? :shaka:

Just to let you guys know, at the Redskins games at FedEx field theres now a group of people from Hawaii that do Tailgating.
The Redskins signed the University of Hawaii star player a couple of years ago, and now all the Hawaiians turn out for him and cook hawaiian food and play the Uke.

Another Ukulele Open Mic in DC

There's a few of us DC Metro locals who are trying to set up an open mic at Creme Cafe -- our trial run (and sorry for late notice) is this Tue (30 Jun), 6 - 10pm, if you guys are interested. Here's the link to Creme Cafe: http://www.cremedc.com/. If you go, ask Bryan about his off menu Hawaiian grinds!

7 brave souls showed up at the above open mic... next one is next week Tue, 28 Jul. 7-9 PM, sound check if you need it is between 6-7pm, sign up limit is 3 songs or 8 minutes, then you gotta give up the mic, but you can sign up multiple times.

Bumpitty-bump...

I live near the north end of 28 in Virginia.

Would anyone be up for a get-together sometime next month on a Saturday or Sunday? If the weather's good, I was thinking maybe we could find a park someplace and grind a few out.

--Mark

I would to jam im always looking for an excuse to play. :) Im in Richmond but i do love to visit DC.

Top Bottom