Video Ukulele Method - Mahalo, ChoirGuy!

Uncle Rod Higuchi

Reaction score
Thank you, Dr Russell for creating this innovative resource for your fellow music educators.
As an informal ‘music educator’ actually just an Ukulele teacher, I think you have produced something self-motivated ukulele players have been desiring for a long time,

My fellow UUers, do yourself a favor and check out. ChoirGuy’s YouTube video ‘Video Ukulele Method’. View it then join him via the link mentioned and get a tremendous amount of very useful information and resources.

thank you, again ChoirGuy for your efforts on our behalf!😊

Keep uke’in’

Thanks, Rod! Ukulele Abe had a link to Buy Me a Coffee, and I loved the idea! I disliked that Patreon required monthly subscriptions, and that people picked materials behind that monthly subscription. Not only can someone just buy you a coffee, but you can also offer access to a Google Drive file.

I had been looking for a way to distribute what I’ve been using in my own teaching—and this was finally it.

I do want to note that all the resources...including the skills drills (an idea I had after playing through your ‘Ukulele Boot Camp) are available for free elsewhere. The “charge,” which I have kept to an affordable level for teachers, gives people to a package of the entire method with school-safe videos.

The idea behind my method is to teach chords as they are most commonly used. The only exception I make is that I teach F and G7 a little early...and G as the third chord. A lot of teachers teach the one finger chords first, but there are not that many songs that are playable with one finger. When you learn the chords as most frequently used, there are hundreds of songs to be used. I have used the method with over 600 students, and it is incredibly effective.

The method distributes on Google Slides (4 presentations) covering the first 15 chords with hundreds of songs, tutorial videos, and skill drills. The 3rd level is in development, but a Holiday presentation is available now (part of the reason I wanted to publish it this week)

Thanks, Rod! And thank you for all of the work you have done for the ukulele community, too!

ChoirGuy,

I truly enjoy your YouTube offerings!

I like the way you present information, not dictatorially, but with reserve and attempting to cover as
many bases you are aware of. I also like the way you qualify your statements so that you will not
be misunderstood as making too many generalized statements :)

I especially liked your Outdoor Ukulele Reviews and 'setting the record straight' remarks!

Your introductions to new gadgets and such I find very helpful.

Keep up the great work, and thanks again for making the Practice Sheet material from the
Boot Camp so much more useful.

Keep uke'in',

Top Bottom