Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Season #408 N.P.R.'s Tiny Desk Concert Series

Season #408 is officially over now. Huge thanks to everyone who was able to join in! I'll follow up with a wrap soon ~

Thank you for the week, Kev ... it was fun and I really want to find the time (and the Internet availablity!) to explore all those concerts further. I love their diversity!
    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw

"Just remember, if we get caught ... you're deaf and I don't speak English."

That was fun. I wish I'd gotten an earlier start on the week, I might have also done a Toro y Moi song.

I wanted to post this video from Tiny Desk-er Meg Myers. The bridge of this song is an excerpt from a Townes van Zandt interview where he talks about sad songs.

Uke can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find uke get what you need!

YouTube: www.youtube.com/uke4ia

Fantastic week Kevin! Really enjoyed myself.
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

"I can't rock around the tree unless you rock around with me"

Thanks Val and Ryan!

And thanks Uke4ia! I've gone down a rabbit hole with Townes interviews He's definitely in my top 5 favorite song writers! Without an official count, i'd say i've learned far and away more of his songs on uke since I started playing 3 years ago, than any other artist.

Thread Information