Local Concerts -Taimane and Jake

ksiegel

Probably unknown member
UU VIP
Reaction score
Okay, just saw Taimane will be at Proctors Theater in Schenectady on January 11 - it is a 400 seat black box theater, and tickets are $25 each. As of this AM when I got mine, only 128 tickets had been sold.

Jake will be at the Troy Savings Bank Music Hall on February 12, with tickets about $37.50. Again, lots of great seats available, and the acoustics are among the best I've ever heard. Mandolin great Sierra Hull is opening.

Now all I need is a local Brittni Paiva concert, and I will be grinning from ear to ear for months.

-Kurt​

Last edited:
Jake is coming my way not long after your date. Tickets are a bit higher but I have a gift certificate for the venue that will cover most of the cost for two seats. It's also my 64th birthday.
I didn't realize Taimane has travelled so far east.
I did have a chance a few years ago to hear James Hill and Anne Janelle when they were in my area.
Not ukulele related but I just got tickets for Herb Alpert and Lani Hall. I was a trumpet major in college and grew up on Herb's music. We studied with the same teacher. They put on a great show, we saw them a few years back. They don't do very much TJB music, mostly great American songbook material done Brazilian style.

Okay, just saw Taimane will be at Proctors Theater in Schenectady on January 11 - it is a 400 seat black box theater, and tickets are $25 each. As of this AM when I got mine, only 128 tickets had been sold.

Jake will be at the Troy Savings Bank Music Hall on February 12, with tickets about $37.50. Again, lots of great seats available, and the acoustics are among the best I've ever heard. Mandolin great Sierra Hull is opening.

Now all I need is a local Brittni Paiva concert, and I will be grinning from ear to ear for months.

-Kurt​

I just bought three for Taimane. They were alone in Row D, and I had to buy one or three.

I just bought three for Taimane. They were alone in Row D, and I had to buy one or three.

And just for future reference, if that happens again, and you only want 2 tickets, call the box office. They can take care of it.

I've got to go get some new strings for my Aqualele Concert - the white pre-production model - it is my "Signing" uke. Among others, I've had the UOGB (with George and Kitty) and Wellington International Ukulele Orchestra members sign it. I hope to get Taimane, Jake, and L'il Rev this year, as well.

-Kurt​

Jake is coming my way not long after your date. Tickets are a bit higher but I have a gift certificate for the venue that will cover most of the cost for two seats. It's also my 64th birthday.
I didn't realize Taimane has travelled so far east.
I did have a chance a few years ago to hear James Hill and Anne Janelle when they were in my area.
Not ukulele related but I just got tickets for Herb Alpert and Lani Hall. I was a trumpet major in college and grew up on Herb's music. We studied with the same teacher. They put on a great show, we saw them a few years back. They don't do very much TJB music, mostly great American songbook material done Brazilian style.

Taimane is starting the year with a bang. 4 concerts in Germany and 6 concerts on the USA east coast in January. See her if you can; she puts on a great show. https://taimane.com/index.php/live/

And just for future reference, if that happens again, and you only want 2 tickets, call the box office. They can take care of it.

I've got to go get some new strings for my Aqualele Concert - the white pre-production model - it is my "Signing" uke. Among others, I've had the UOGB (with George and Kitty) and Wellington International Ukulele Orchestra members sign it. I hope to get Taimane, Jake, and L'il Rev this year, as well.

-Kurt​

I bought Lil' Rev's Mya-Moe resonator, and I was thinking about having him sign it in Voorheesville - but maybe not.

Buying three tickets worked out okay because someone in our group bought the third from me.

I just saw Taimane tonight - what a great show! And she is so nice! we spoke to her briefly before the show, when they were getting the Square set up,. and afterward when I got my CDs signed. I wish I had remembered to bring my signing uke with me!

I just got a couple photos during the show - not great - they were natural lighting, and it was Theater Lighting... You can't even tell that she was wearing a grey sparkly dress1

I'm pretty sure that the other UU members who were at the show will post their own shots. Here are mine:

Taimane 1.jpg

Taimane 2.jpg

Taimane 3b.jpg

I just saw Taimane tonight - what a great show! And she is so nice! we spoke to her briefly before the show, when they were getting the Square set up,. and afterward when I got my CDs signed. I wish I had remembered to bring my signing uke with me!

I just got a couple photos during the show - not great - they were natural lighting, and it was Theater Lighting... You can't even tell that she was wearing a grey sparkly dress1

I'm pretty sure that the other UU members who were at the show will post their own shots. Here are mine:

View attachment 124303

View attachment 124304

View attachment 124305

Yes, it was an excellent show. there were seven people from my groups there, and four or five had their ukes signed. He'll be n Boston on Wednesday, and it's not that long a ride. : )

Top Bottom