FS: KoAloha D-VI Guilele with LR Baggs pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dane

Reaction score
Hellooooo. The time has come again to sell another D-VI. Yes, I have owned one previously and sold it. Yes, I will regret selling this one too. This is an absolutely incredible instrument. A tenor scale guilele, all solid koa wood made from your favorite people at KoAloha. It sounds like a dream, it feels like a dream, it's been your dream and you didn't even know it yet. Incredibly rich tone, perfect tenor size and tuning, smooth slim neck giving plenty of access to the entire fretboard, light as a feather and balanced.

Why am I selling it? The reason is, that I only own a motorcycle, and I commute over 125 miles a day, rain or shine. This beautiful baby sits at home and never gets the love that it deserves. I actually haven't really played any of my instruments in years due to mental health issues and life crazyness. But I'm getting back into it, and I know the best way is to take it back to my roots in a standard tenor ukulele, made from weather-proof materials so that I can take it everywhere with me. So I need to sell my baby in order to fund something like the Blackbird Farralon or maybe I'll fall in love with the Outdoor Ukulele, of which I recently just ordered as I sold one of my other ukuleles for.

I'd like for it to go to a loving home where someone is going to really enjoy it. It's in near mint condition, kept humidified it's entire life, has a LR Baggs 5.0 pickup installed years ago by the great folks at TheUkuleleSite + their professional setup. Has a tiny nick on the back underside of the headstock, and another tiny black mark under the neck by the body, neither are visible.

Asking $1100 for it + shipping. Comes with a perfect fitting hard case which I did some tasteful mellow artwork on the outside of. I think this is a fair price considering they were $1300 MSRP without a pickup or case, and they're not in production anymore.

unnamed.jpgunnamed (1).jpgunnamed (2).jpgunnamed (3).jpgunnamed (4).jpg

Last edited:
Dropped price $100, asking $1400. I know if I keep this around too long I’m gonna change my mind and keep it 😂

Dane, try this just once to see what it is like.

I have a D-VI and they do not make them anymore. I have taken it on a 5 month car based trip all over Australia and I use a polystyrofoam Cello or viola case.

I notice that the temps in Santa Barbara don't often get over 25C. My D-VI lives in a house which is above 30C during the day inside for several months in summer. If you have a hard case it can go on a 150km commute in California.

If you bought it new, it has an amazing warranty and Koaloha have amazing after sales service.

Just try to take it with you for a week and find a tune to learn to keep your mind on the music and not the cost. You may find that you already own what you are looking for.

Thank you for your words. I very much appreciate it. My life has gotten busy though, and something that has kept me back is that I spread myself out too much between too many different types of instruments. Ukulele, harmonica, xaphoon, guilele, guitar, etc. I never really got any good at a single one of them. But the instrument that always felt the most natural in my hands was the ukulele. If I want to get back into this I need to focus on one thing finally, and commit to learning more about music as it pertains to my instrument, and then maybe in the future I can branch back out. I know I will regret selling the D-VI, as I have already done this one time previously! It just sounds so incredible and feels smooth. But it really is what's best for me, and maybe sometime in the future I can come back to it.

I do have an outdoor ukulele now and a blackbird farallon and everything just feels right. I will be keeping an old cordoba guilele that I have as the soundboard is cracked on it and it would be impossible to sell but it still sounds great! I actually live on the mountain above santa barbara, which is above the fog line and consequently extremely low humidity. And I foolishly thought that as a laminate instrument it would be ok without a humidifier. By the end of 2020 I will have all my possessions living with me in a van and it's just going to be these 2 ukuleles and a hamonica. This summer it got to 111F in the San Fernando valley where I was commuting and in the winter it can get into the 20s in the valleys where I work. I go from extreme low humidity to high ocean fog humidity in the span of 10 minutes sometimes. It's really something I'm just done worrying about.

I'll be home later this week and it may be my only time for the next month that I can ship anything so I'm lowering the price to $1200, it will go back up next weekend.

Wish I could afford this beautiful ukulele. I'm looking for one of these but trying to sell a couple ukuleles myself. I'm a disabled veteran and have issues myself and my job is limited right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom