Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NUD: Petros Custom Tenor

So nice. Blessed!
    I think I have pineapple UAS

Ukes in order of purchase
    2018: Córdoba concert 15CM, Luna soprano, Islander tenor AT-4, Iriguchi concert “Ma’Alaea” - Birdseye maple top and poplar back Aug 2018
    2019: Mahalo soprano Kahiko, KoAloha koa pineapple soprano KSM-01 (made in 2012), <recovered> abused but unused gold label Kamaka koa pineapple, *rough* 1930’s Kamaka “Historic Mahogany Pineapple” with Philippine mahogany and wooden peg tuners.

Quote Originally Posted by Counter View Post
    Love the chunky bat shaped tuners. What brand are they?

Edit- Rubner, sorry just re-read
    Yeah, they are pretty sweet looking, but they feel even better. Never thought I'd get excited about the feel of my tuners, but I really can't get over how smooth they are.

Thanks, everyone for reading and the comments. This one pretty much an impulse buy. I had never even heard of Petros until maybe April of this year when someone posted pics in the 'If you could by any ukulele' thread. That put them on my radar a bit, but I certainly wasn't going out of my way to research them. When I heard the sound samples, though, it sealed it for me instantly. I knew it was a good fit for me and the sound I was looking for.

Thanks again.

Congratulations on a wonderful instrument and very positive experience having it built. I agree with you that some of the Petros builds are a bit much even for my taste, which tends towards some bling.

As to those three Petros ukes still on HMS, they are at the extreme end of even the very highest priced ukes, up there in price with DeVine, Grimes and MBU (each typically over $5K), which means they are simply outside most people's financial means. I think the market falls off dramatically after $3,500 and even that is well beyond what most people can afford. I also think that when you can commission exactly what you want and have it within 6 months, a lot of people will wait. Whereas for the three I mentioned, there is quite a wait.

Enjoy your beauty!
    More an appreciator of the ukulele than a true player. My motto is: "Don't matter how good it ring if it ain't got some bling."

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.—Voltaire

Curious about the relative importance of tonewood vs. the luthier? See Luthiers for a Cause to learn more!

Quote Originally Posted by Ukulele Eddie View Post
    Congratulations on a wonderful instrument and very positive experience having it built. I agree with you that some of the Petros builds are a bit much even for my taste, which tends towards some bling.

As to those three Petros ukes still on HMS, they are at the extreme end of even the very highest priced ukes, up there in price with DeVine, Grimes and MBU (each typically over $5K), which means they are simply outside most people's financial means. I think the market falls off dramatically after $3,500 and even that is well beyond what most people can afford. I also think that when you can commission exactly what you want and have it within 6 months, a lot of people will wait. Whereas for the three I mentioned, there is quite a wait.

Enjoy your beauty!
    You make some good points, and I know you have some experience with custom instruments! Your 'The Tree' Hive is one of the most beautiful ukuleles I've ever seen. I'm sure it's even better in person.

Thanks for chiming in!

Congratulations on an amazing instrument. When the guys at HMS get that excited about an instrument you know the builder is a good one. Redwood and walnut is one of my favorite pairings. My I’iwi tenor is redwood and Claro walnut and my Kimo super concert is sinker redwood and black walnut.

Your sound samples give a great representation of the tone. It is full, resonant with wonderful clarity and note separation, the full package. Enjoy it as I am sure you are and will for a long time to come
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Enya Nova *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

Holy cow, Matt, you've got a winner there. That is gorgeous!
    Yes, had I the funds, Petros or Devine would be my 1st choice.
    When I saw the smiles on Kalei and Corey's faces, I was sold.
    Never have I seen them so excited.
    Keep on pickin'.
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Thread Information