Your thoughts on Klos

I’m curious about the Klos ukuleles. I am thinking that they may make a good travel uke...well, that’s rather obvious..but here’s my deal: I like to travel lightweight and find my Bruko fits the bill. However I play a heap of up the neck music these days and find I do miss the extra frets of a tenor.
So, I wonder if the Klos could travel, with its robust build, without a hard case thereby keeping my carry on luggage to a small footprint.
They sure look interesting, and I am fan of CF and own an Adamas guitar. But you raise several points and for your travel needs you contrast size and durability. A tenor will still be fairly large, even without a hard case and you will still need some kind of case to carry it around, whereas a Soprano is easily small enough to be dumped in large purse (which I have seen a few times on flights between Hawaiian islands). For me, a soprano is too small to play, but on my last trip I acquired a cheap ($85) long neck soprano that included a thin soft case with straps. It actually sounds and plays very nice, is all laminate, and at the price point I won't be devastated if it gets damaged. It will be going back to Oahu with me in March and I won't be at all embarassed to take it to Kanikapila.

I’ve had one, the deluxe model, since June last year. I love it. I love the sound of it, amplified and not, I love the sound of it. I even love the funny little headstock. It plays great, intonation is spot on to my ears. It’s pretty much the one I play all the time now. Not cheap, but then again, pretty cheap compared with the Blackbird...which, if money was no object, I’d have too :)

Great review, as always.
We're taking a hard look at the Klos for our travel/car ukulele.
Talking about making it a gift to each other as a 30th anniversary present.
Carbon fiber is the correct gift for the 30th, isn't it?

@cyber3d, could we try yours out Mr.V?

Of course. Come on over and check it out. I can tell you everything about it and you can play to your heart's content. I love my KLOS.

If you want to come over to our next Uke Group meeting we have one on Feb 23rd and our special guest artist is Abe Legramas Jr.

Thank you so much!
(We LOVE Abe!)

My wife just reminded me that I had already played your Klos at a Cynthia Lin event and we sat at the same table.
Couple of years ago?

Last edited:
Thank you so much!
(We LOVE Abe!)

My wife just reminded me that I had already played your Klos at a Cynthia Lin event and we sat at the same table.
Couple of years ago?

OMG. You know, I was trying to find you two. But, I could not match your name to your UU handle. You two are always welcome our get-togethers. In March, Marlowe is penciled in. Abe in Feb, and a bunch of uke artists and celebs in 2020. I live in Brentwood. Just PM me or PM me your FB name and I'll invite you to our private FB Group.

Thank you so much!
(We LOVE Abe!)

Couple of years ago?

OMG. You know, I was trying to find you two. But, I could not match your name to your UU handle. You two are always welcome our get-togethers. In March, Marlowe is penciled in. Abe in Feb, and a bunch of uke artists and celebs in 2020. I live in Brentwood. Just PM me or PM me your FB name and I'll invite you to our private FB Group.

Can I just add another point in here about Klos - and it's not one that has ANYTHING to do with how they are made or sound.

I deal with a LOT of brands in writing my reviews. Most are lovely people, but there is a significant portion who are a PITA to deal with, demanding, never happy, miss deadlines for shipping and collections, and are just hard work.

Klos don't fit that latter category - They were polite, helpful and punctual. I don't reflect such things in my reviews as they don't relate to what a buyer may experience, but I do always have it in the back of my mind.

Top Bottom