Uke Newbe, Western NC

rlgph

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm an early intermediate guitar player who has dabbled with bass and tenor guitar (the latter tuned to CGcg), who has decided to dabble a bit with a tenor uke, primarily for the soft sound compared to steel strings. I just acquired an Ohana TK-35g-5 that i'm beginning to have fun with. I expect that i'll mostly play fingerstyle, though i hope to improve my strumming technique as well.

I also play duet concertina and write an occasional song. Fortunately, i am retired so that i have time for my dabbling. Looking forward to following the forum.

ron

Welcome to the Forum, Ron. You’ll find lots of dabbling retirees here. :)
Jan D.

Welcome Ron, you fit right in here, but warning, after playing guitar for almost 50 years, when I took up the uke about 6 years, I never touched my guitars again and gave them away.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 13 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 37)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Last edited:
Hi, Ron! Asheville Ukulele Society meets every Monday (see their Facebook page) and I think there are at least two other Uke groups in the area.

Top Bottom