Post your own best Seasons performance of 2019

I neglected this thread last year, by accident.
I really enjoy this song, as well as a few others but I can only choose one.

thanks for the reason Del.
so many originals and covers, i can't bare to revisit them,
but this comes to mind from a few weeks back and that i was happy with.
a Darren Hanlon song.

To be honest, I wasn't very impressed by anything I've done as a Season video this year. Some of it was mildly amusing, there were good bits to lots of it, but no one performance that stands out as being something, on the whole, I'm particularly proud of.

During week 396, which I hosted, I watched a lot of videos about people dealing with issues of identity. One of the more poignant ones had the original version of "I don't Want to Be" as background music. I sort of remembered the song from earlier in the decade; I'd heard it more than once. As I'm fairly sure is the case with most if not all Seasonistas, I haven't paid close attention to the latest hits in a long time. In the midst of my hosting duties, I began working on the song, but that season was filled with ideas alreadu.. I put it on the Island, but that qualifies for this thread, right?

Del, I loved this opportunity for reflection back in December 2018 and i love it just as much now in December 2019. Thanks so much for getting this "Best of ...." in motion.

I'd like to offer "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down" from Val's Season back in May of 2019. While I'd always adored listening to this song in the hands and voices of various artists, I just never dreamed of getting through it myself. That's what makes this one special for me.

My favorite uke arrangement this year was for Heaven 17's classic "(We Don't Need This) Fascist Groove Thing"---I'm always happy when I figure out how to bring an electro pop song to the uke :p

But my favorite Seasons performance has to be a Bruce Springsteen classic...

It likely went well because, especially this past year, I could really identify with every single, sorrowful lyric.

Notice both of my faves had some kind of percussion (other than my fingers hitting the strings). Maybe joining the Last Regiment of Syncopated Drummers affected my preferences as well.

I wish each of you a wonderful 2020!

This year, I had most fun making this video for OMAHU's Season 405:

Thanks for the chance to revisit some of this past year, Del. I choose this one for several reasons...
1) Randy McSorley
2) I kinda figured out how to scat in the style of Cliff Edwards, sorta
3) This song is a tidy summation of my addiction to rhythm and the ukulele

This time of year is a good time to reflect on the year past and I always seem to get a bit blue around New year. I wrote a song about it which was my first song of 2019 and also one of my few originals. I think it is worth revisiting. All the best everyone and take care.

I loved the 2018 thread like this that you did last year Del, and I'm glad to see you've done it again for 2019!

Like you, some of my favorite entries this year were the many wonderful collaborations I was blessed to do, including some fantastic stuff that we did together Del. I think i've told you this, but I just love it when two or more people can come together and create something bigger than either of them could do alone. Only being able to choose one here, is no easy task. In the end, I chose this live collaboration I did with my very dear friend Scott. It was done shortly before he left this crazy world. I've struggled my whole life with social anxiety issues, and one of the unfortunate side effects of this for me, was that I gave up on the dream I had in my youth of being a professional musician. I went 20 plus years without playing music because I simply couldn't bear to do it with anything less than an all or nothing approach. Thankfully, age has mellowed me in some ways and I started playing again as an adult. I discovered the ukulele in the summer of 2016. After spending a few months learning the chords, I gathered the courage to go to one of the local uke meet-ups here in Houston. Scott was one of the first people to welcome me and we became instant friends. He really encouraged me, and believed in me more than I believed in myself. We played a couple of times a week when time allowed, and I credit him with inspiring me to find my singing voice, and we even went out and performed around town. This is a taste of what we did together. I never heard Scott sing a single note, but he sure could make his Pono baritone uke sing ~

Happy New Year to everyone here on the seasons!

I loved the 2018 thread like this that you did last year Del, and I'm glad to see you've done it again for 2019!

Like you, some of my favorite entries this year were the many wonderful collaborations I was blessed to do, including some fantastic stuff that we did together Del. I think i've told you this, but I just love it when two or more people can come together and create something bigger than either of them could do alone. Only being able to choose one here, is no easy task. In the end, I chose this live collaboration I did with my very dear friend Scott. It was done shortly before he left this crazy world. I've struggled my whole life with social anxiety issues, and one of the unfortunate side effects of this for me, was that I gave up on the dream I had in my youth of being a professional musician. I went 20 plus years without playing music because I simply couldn't bear to do it with anything less than an all or nothing approach. Thankfully, age has mellowed me in some ways and I started playing again as an adult. I discovered the ukulele in the summer of 2016. After spending a few months learning the chords, I gathered the courage to go to one of the local uke meet-ups here in Houston. Scott was one of the first people to welcome me and we became instant friends. He really encouraged me, and believed in me more than I believed in myself. We played a couple of times a week when time allowed, and I credit him with inspiring me to find my singing voice, and we even went out and performed around town. This is a taste of what we did together. I never heard Scott sing a single note, but he sure could make his Pono baritone uke sing ~

Happy New Year to everyone here on the seasons!

And a Happy New Year to you and all Seasonistas too! :)

A lovely way to remember your friend here, Kev - and great choice for this thread! So glad you found your way back to music - this place is all the richer for your contributions to it!

We have 26 fabulous videos here so far you wonderful people - some of which I missed first time around, so I’m very grateful for the opportunity to catch them now. There’ve been some notable absentees from the Seasons of late - Trent, Dave (TCK), Linda Louden and a good few others - you are all sorely missed and I’d love you to re-post your best 2019 vid here if you could please? :)

Exiles - SOTU 371

I started going through my entries for 2019, but stopped when I got to this one. One day, I hope I'll get to record it properly.

Morning all and thanks to all who’ve participated so far. Just to say for anyone who thinks they’ve missed the boat here - you haven’t! Post your own best vid of 2019 here anytime and I’ll make sure it’s added to the playlist - all part of the service! :)

Top Bottom