Post your own best Seasons performance of 2019

DelGriff

A very boring man!
Reaction score
i started a thread like this at the end of last year and it worked really well. All each of us needs to do here is select and re-post (not re-record!) the one Seasons vid we did this year of which we are the most proud. Should make for another wonderful collection of top-notch performances.

So, just to be clear, it’s one vid each of your own favourite vid/performance BY YOU. There’ll be no judging or anything like that (this isn’t a season after all), but I will compile a playlist. Post whenever you like before the end of the year. :)

PLAYLIST

Last edited:
Has to be this one that I did with Kevin for his collaborations season. Everything just went so well, Kevin was great to work with and I've never been so satisfied with an end product.

i've been so thrilled to be part of yazuke this year, with your synth magic, del, making those collabs so special, however a guest spoken vocal by my dad just pips those tracks to the post here, plus there is the sweet satisfaction of managing to bring a kate bush song on uke, i love her stuff so much but it's so hard to do!

"breathing"

this video was probably my best this year. I have been less active with the uke but really want to get back into the swing of things with the instrument. Most of my time is trying to learn the toy piano nowadays. Been having fun playing different scales that I never tried before and want to try to learn them on the uke without using the box technique to help memorize the keys better. I got a version of melodyne to improve my vocals since my singing is hopeless and also bought a Hal Leonard Ukulele "Fake Book" for ukulele that has the melody lines in the song sheets. Now I can tune my vocals or just play them on the toy piano. I am most definitely getting another electric uke after I get a digital piano(hopefully in the springtime.)

Didn't look back over all this years vids but I'll pull this one out.
I've only just started to dabble with the harp and strum at the same time thing but i am pretty happy with the result here.

Hello, Del ... this is a fun idea! I don't actually DO "best performances", but I really enjoyed putting this together and I am a great fan of the Marx Brothers ....

Wow, what a busy year. After a quick trawl (including a few which I honestly can't remember doing) I have gone for this one. Just one of my favourite songs, and I managed to get all the way through it.

After looking through this year's videos, all I can think is it wasn't my best year. On most of my favorite videos from the year, my singing's pretty ragged. On others...I didn't do as much rehearsing before recording as in previous years. All in all, I guess I like this Procol Harum cover as much as any of the others I did.

Del, I'd probably say this was my favorite because I hadn't thought about the song in forever until I looked it up and decided to bring it. I played it for my music teacher and she agreed it was pretty damn depressing, although there seemed to be a lot of kids' songs that weren't uplifting back in those days. Oh well. It's fun to do ...

Geez! I only recorded 3 videos this year. Honestly, I check the seasons most weeks to see if I can get one in, but it was a very busy year. If anyone participated in my 'I Want My MTV' week (Week 98 - Look it up) you'll know I have to make a video along with my entry which always complicates things. I hope to have something out soon for everyone, but in the mean time here's my best from this year.

What a wonderful idea Del, I don't recall it last year but I seldom go online during December and January, just too busy.
I invariably delete most of my entries when the Season is over but keep some of the wave files for posterity.
This is an original I posted for Jim's season in February (I think) and played on (unusually for me ) a tenor uke (low g).
It's a straight forward simple nostalgia song and I reckon it's easily the best thing I managed to come up with during this past year, although that's probably not saying much.
Lyrics and chords are in the YT description box for anyone who's interested.

What a wonderful idea Del, I don't recall it last year but I seldom go online during December and January, just too busy.
I invariably delete most of my entries when the Season is over but keep some of the wave files for posterity.
This is an original I posted for Jim's season in February (I think) and played on (unusually for me ) a tenor uke (low g).
It's a straight forward simple nostalgia song and I reckon it's easily the best thing I managed to come up with during this past year, although that's probably not saying much.
Lyrics and chords are in the YT description box for anyone who's interested

Always too busy in December and January, Graham ... are you Father Christmas???

When looking back, I find that it is not always the songs that I spend the most efford on that turned out the best.

I think this is my favorite this year:

Lyrics and chords are in the YT description box for anyone who's interested

Always too busy in December and January, Graham ... are you Father Christmas???

Don't be silly Val, I'm a thespian of sorts, always in demand as the back end of a horse at this time of year !

I’ve changed my mind on this choice several times over! Finally settled (I think!) on this one. Most of what I’d consider to be my best work this year has been done in collaborations with Lynda and Kevin - on keyboards! So I thought I’d best choose something I recorded in which I’m actually playing uke! :D

Last edited:
Did this one during Berni's recent season.
Thanks Del for the nice idea of an annual roundup of good 'uns.

I did this for Andy (Desert Pavement)’s season at the start of the year. Gilbert O’Sullivan, brilliant songwriter imho.

Top Bottom