Best Tenor Ukulele under $300

She’s playing a soprano now. Do you think she can handle the longer scale of a tenor? A concert (as you suggested) or a better soprano might be a wiser move at this time.

I agree with this. Things that are easy for her to play on soprano may be challenging to impossible on longer scale. Also I would advise to stay away from ukes that highlight exotic veneers and other decorations as major features and from odd shapes as this will inevitable mean reduced actual quality that counts. Try to find a simple looking uke ideally with solid top and open pore finish.

What ukulele did you get your daughter? Or did you let her choose her own?

For myself, I find the concert size is much easier to play. Some chords I can do with relative ease on my concert I can't do at all on my tenor.

But just in case you're still looking for a tenor, have you seen the new Kala solid wood tenor developed for HMS? It would get a great setup, and it's just under $300 including a nice hard case. https://www.theukulelesite.com/kala-all-solid-spruce-mahogany-tenor-ka-asmhg-t.html

Of course, maybe a laminate or solid top ukulele would suit your daughter better -- easier to care for.

Top Bottom