Thread: Winter blues

Default Winter blues

It's a tough time of year for all us Old git's here in the UK...Long dark nights short cold wet and frosty days...The draughty workshop is the last place I feel like visiting , But here I am, struggling to complete 4 sopranos before the end of the year ..I find if I do an hour in the shed on the ukuleles then do another hour in the arm chair with a cup of Rosy Lee I can get quite a bit of work done over an 8 hour period..Thats 2 ukes completed ready for the FP and and 2 more ready for tops and backs to be fitted...Sunrise today 8:19 AM Sunset 15:38 PM = Length of day 7 hour 18 mins ...Roll on Springtime
    Last edited by Timbuck; 12-14-2019 at 05:15 AM.
    http://ukulele-innovation.tripod.com ebay i/d squarepeg_3000 Email timmsken@hotmail.com

If you can believe that moving images and sound, can fly through empty space across the universe and be seen and heard on a box in your living room ?.. then you can believe in anything.

I can sympathize Ken, my shop in Cannon Beach is cold, dark and damp this time of year. My solution was to move 2500 miles southwest where my dust collection system is the trade winds and at noon today it is sunny and 29 degrees C.
    Brad
    Bradford Donaldson
    Kekaha, HI and Cannon Beach OR
    bradfordj48@outlook.com

Look to the bright side, Ken … solstice is only a week away

I hear you. I don't like the short daylight. Even though my shop isn't too cold and it's well lit, when it gets dark outside I lose momentum. Winter solstice is my favorite day of the year knowing daylight will increase each day.
    Michael Smith
    Goat Rock Ukulele
    www.goatrockukulele.com

Thread Information