Thoughts on a Kona 3 string upright bass

colemole

Reaction score
Anyone have some thoughts on a Kona 3 string upright bass made in Hawaii? Looks interesting. Supposed to be simple to play.

I’d never heard of them until one went up on the Marketplace here last month. Looks pretty cool!

It sounds from the amp thread like you got one: what do you think? How is yours tuned, and do you have an upright bass background before the walking stick?

Christmas present for my wife so its under wraps at the current time. Looks interesting. Tuned GBD. Weight is 3 pounds. Hopefully she takes to it. She has a bass ukulele not sure what brand but was interested initally but hasn't been working at it lately although she has been very busy with other things. I am hoping this reignites her interest and maybe it easier for her to adapt to it.
Time will tell.

Lucky her! The thirds tuning is interesting and seems really obvious (now that it's been pointed out ;) ). Looks like it'll make basic bass-lines really easy at the expense of more difficulty for complicated bass lines and melodies. I'd love to hear her opinion after Christmas!

Top Bottom