Song Help Request I Need help!

We just found a new song, on You Tube, the kids love it, called When I'm Gone, they call it Cups now, so I'm planning to learn to play the cups with the kids!

We just found a new song, on You Tube, the kids love it, called When I'm Gone, they call it Cups now, so I'm planning to learn to play the cups with the kids!

Interestingly, this is an old song with a new spin. According to Wikipedia:

The original song "When I'm Gone" was written by A. P. Carter, then recorded in 1931 by the Carter Family (not to be confused with their 1928 song "Will You Miss Me When I'm Gone?").[9] The song was reworked in 1937 by J. E. Mainer.[10] Over the years it has been recorded by many people including Mainer's Mountaineers and Charlie Monroe.[11] In 1940 it was released by Elizabeth Cotten, a vocalist and guitar player. It can also be heard in the film Dan in Real Life.

Lulu and the Lampshades were the first to perform the song using the cup game for percussion. Anna Burden[12] made her own version[13] on YouTube of the Lulu and the Lamspshades video[3] that was discovered by Reddit, and where Anna Kendrick learned the routine,[10] prompting dozens of other YouTube users to submit cover versions of the song using the Cup Clap technique.[14] It was soon dubbed The Cup Song.[9][6]

Last edited:
Top Bottom