Enya Nova U case options

spindock

Reaction score
Looking at getting one of these for my travel uke, but I'm wondering what to do for a practical case/bag. I'd be carrying it while biking, so I'll need something like a backpack or sling bag. With its unique shape, I'm wondering what fits. Any ideas?

perhaps a single-racket Tennis racket bag might work for you :)
most tend to be rather thin, but perhaps you could add some stuffing
material (fleece, foam, etc) to help with padding.

if it is for more formal transport... I'm sure someone else will suggest
something :)

keep uke'in',

Looking at getting one of these for my travel uke, but I'm wondering what to do for a practical case/bag. I'd be carrying it while biking, so I'll need something like a backpack or sling bag. With its unique shape, I'm wondering what fits. Any ideas?

Hi Spindock

Enya provides a nice semi-rigid case that you may like well enough?

It is a zippered sheet molded plastic design similar to a zippered plastic suitcase.

I have a similar case (not exactly the same as Enya's) which is my favourite for ukuleles.

The outer layer is nicely textured and the blue colour won't be confused amongst others players black gig bags.

The inner layer is felted and has space under the headstock for ziplock bags for tuner, kazoo, bells, capo, granola bar, pocket flask (water).

Three D-rings and removable shoulder/back straps.

It's plenty fine for carrying around, for biking and for aircraft overhead bin or underseat (I'd stow a uke underseat using a semi-rigid bag).

For hard knocks and crush resistance in the cargo compartment and arrivals carousel, I'd give this case a thumbs up for durable ukes like the Enya Nova and a sceptical thumbs down for wood ukes.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies!
Enya provides a nice semi-rigid case that you may like well enough?
Three D-rings and removable shoulder/back straps.
The case that comes with the Nova looks like it just has a single carrying handle (like a normal guitar case). The one you're describing with the D-rings and straps sounds like just what I want, but I couldn't find such a case on the Enya website. Is one like that (which fits the Nova) available from another company?

It does come with a semi rigid zipper case that I am not impressed with but affords some protection. But only has a carry handle. The Enya Nova is a standard sized concert other then being a thin body. Any good quality gig bag with straps would do nicely. Look for Roadrunner gig bags, I own one and am very pleased with it, if you don’t want to break the bank.

It does come with a semi rigid zipper case that I am not impressed with but affords some protection.....

When Choirguy did his review of the Nova he commented on the lack of a shoulder strap(s), and that when he mentioned it to Enya they thought adding a strap would be a good suggestion. So perhaps future Nova cases will have a strap?

The Enya Nova is a standard sized concert other then being a thin body.
Somebody commenting on one of the YouTube reviews of the Nova said "This uke will not fit into my other concert gig bags, so it is enjoying lots of room in a tenor gig bag with double straps." Maybe it's because of the longer headstock or the Les Paul shape?

Spindoc the over all length of the Enya Nova is 25" so yes it is a bit longer then a standard 23" concert. That is why I recommended the Road Runner RR1CUKE gig bag. Years ago I had a long neck concert and researched concert gig bags. This one has 26"+ of interior space, I have owned it for 3 years and been really happy
See pictures below with the Enya Nova sitting in it.

20191219_051444.jpg20191219_051338.jpg20191219_051021.jpg20191219_051128.jpg20191219_051139.jpg

Last edited:
Somebody commenting on one of the YouTube reviews of the Nova said "This uke will not fit into my other concert gig bags, so it is enjoying lots of room in a tenor gig bag with double straps." Maybe it's because of the longer headstock or the Les Paul shape?

Interesting to hear that the Nova G is 26" rather than 23" listed on their website. The Gotaukulele site says Enya Nova G has 16" string length (?) instead of 15" for concert size and 17" for tenor. And the the headstock looks long.

Case length varies by brand and model. For instance I have tenor soft cases that are 26.5" (Phitz), 27" (Levis), 28" (Ohana), 28.5" (Godin). The semi rigid tenor case is 27.5".

Would owners consider it practical to ask a luggage repair shop about adding D rings to the Enya case (supported by washers to spread the load)?

Cheers.

Last edited:
Spindoc the over all length of the Enya Nova is 25" so yes it is a bit longer then a standard 23" concert. That is why I recommended the Road Runner RR1CUKE gig bag. Years ago I had a long neck concert and researched concert gig bags. This one has 26"+ of interior space, I have owned it for 3 years and been really happy
See pictures below with the Enya Nova sitting in it.
Thanks Dave, that's exactly what I was looking for!

Thanks for the suggestion. Picked up a Road Runner RR1CUKE today at Guitar Center (the only place I could find one). Works perfectly.

Nova

I'd hesitate to pay 63% of what I paid for the uke unless it was a big step up.
https://www.guitarcenter.com/Road-Runner/RR1CUKE-Avenue-Series-Concert-Ukulele-Gig-Bag.gc
Picked my bag up today, happy with it. You can get maybe a better bag lower in price but the nova fit perfect.has two pockets for tuner etc. I think this uke will go up in price, plays god and sounds good for cheap price, so maybe you payed DOWN for the uke instead of looking at bag paying up. Lol

Picked my bag up today, happy with it. You can get maybe a better bag lower in price but the nova fit perfect.has two pockets for tuner etc. I think this uke will go up in price, plays god and sounds good for cheap price, so maybe you payed DOWN for the uke instead of looking at bag paying up. Lol

I'll see what I think of the Enya gig bag when the uke arrives.

EDIT: It has decent padding - more than some gig bags, but I'll have to see if I have a zippered hard case that will fit it.

Last edited:
My solution added some extra weight. I put the enya Nova (case and all) in a tenor gig bag I had, which had come with my VTAB FS25 with slotted headstock. I then bought a Malani tenor gig bag for the VTAB. Apparently the slotted headstock is somewhat longer than tenors with a solid headstock, but both instruments can now be worn on your back, f.i. on a bike.

It sounds like Spindock has found a gig bag that'll work for him, terrific!

I don’t know how long they’ve been available, but in November 2022 my Enya Nova U Concert, came with a clamshell case that has a single shoulder strap. It’s adjustable but it may not be long enough for everybody to use as a cross body sling bag. If you include the distance between the two points where the strap attaches to the case, the maximum length of the strap is about 49 inches.

I might want to find a replacement for the stock case at some point. I measured my Nova U Concert at 25.25” long, Including the strap button. It doesn’t really fit in the three concert ukulele cases I already have, so I was glad to find this discussion!

The Road Runner RR1CUKE sounds really nice but it ain’t cheap! Has anybody come across other options?

Last edited:
Top Bottom