Who makes a flatwound low G string?

I will be interested in seeing people's responses to this. I'm familiar with non-wound ukulele strings, but not with flatwound. For non-wound strings, Worth Browns are really nice, but higher priced than most ukulele strings. I will look forward to seeing responses from UU folks with more ukulele string knowledge than me.

Both great strings. I prefer the Fremont on some ukes and the Thomastik on others. I've never disliked either on any uke though. Don't think you can go wrong with either one. I also like to use this the Thomastik CF27 for my C string, even when strung High G.

Can be found here:
https://www.stringsbymail.com/thoma...tring-g-027-chrome-steel-flat-wound-2480.html

Good luck.

The new Uke Logic strings have a smooth polished gold alloy. I have one on my bari and it's truly perfectly smooth and sounds great.

I really like the Thomastik-Infeld CF30 - 4th string (D) .030 chrome steel flat wound for low F (I tune my tenors in Bb.) I got mine as part of these premixed string sets reccommended by UU user hollisdwyer , which also have a flatwound Thomastik-Infeld C string.

The wound strings are rather smooth and have very little string noise from dragged fingers.

Pepe Romero makes a lovely low g set whose 4th string is smooth and very quiet. The strings overall are well balanced and clear.

I really like the Thomastik-Infeld CF30 - 4th string (D) .030 chrome steel flat wound for low F (I tune my tenors in Bb.) I got mine as part of these premixed string sets reccommended by UU user hollisdwyer , which also have a flatwound Thomastik-Infeld C string.

The wound strings are rather smooth and have very little string noise from dragged fingers.

And I haven’t changed my mind about these TI strings. I’m no longer looking for anything better.

Top Bottom