Replacing my Ukulele

jnicholes

Reaction score
Hello,

So, as the title says, I am replacing my Ukulele.

For those who do not know, my current Ukulele is a Leolani. I got it in Hawaii 12 years ago. It is starting to show signs of wear, so I plan on retiring this ukulele and getting a new one.

My parents actually hinted that I may get a new one for Christmas. We will see.

This ukulele served me well, I wont lie about that. I just think it is time for a new one.

Will keep you all updated on my decision. Will also let you know if I get a new one for Christmas.

Jared

I hope there may be a ukulele shaped bulge in your stocking on the morning of Dec 25th!

John Colter

Thanks, guys. I will keep you all updated as to what happens in 6 days.

Six days? Crikey! Is it that close? I'd better start making some sort of preparations.

John Colter

A Luthier can repair the wear and tear on your uke if you wish to continue to use it.

A Luthier can repair the wear and tear on your uke if you wish to continue to use it.

For a price pretty much most things can be repaired and/or restored but whether it makes economic sense is another matter. The OP doesn’t say what model of Leolani he has got but I doubt that it is valuable (in monetary terms); if he’s used it for twelve years then I recon that most parents would feel that the Uke wasn’t a passing fad, time to buy him something much better.

IIRC the OP played his Uke in Church, he’s obviously a capable player and so his parents could justifiably feel led to get him something a bit smarter looking and better sounding - maybe ready for further worship support.

Last edited:
For a price pretty much most things can be repaired and/or restored but whether it makes economic sense is another matter. The OP doesn’t say what model of Leolani he has got but I doubt that it is valuable (in monetary terms); if he’s used it for twelve years then I recon that most parents would feel that the Uke wasn’t a passing fad, time to buy him something much better.

IIRC the OP played his Uke in Church, he’s obviously a capable player and so his parents could justifiably feel led to get him something a bit smarter looking and better sounding - maybe ready for further worship support.

To be honest, I am not sure of the model myself. It was so long ago when I got it.

In any case, thanks for everything you said.

Jared

Beautiful image indeed, John! Hoping Christmas brings many good things, both material and spiritual, to Jared and to all here. I really like how we all respect and appreciate each other. This is one of my favorite places to visit!

Beautiful image indeed, John! Hoping Christmas brings many good things, both material and spiritual, to Jared and to all here. I really like how we all respect and appreciate each other. This is one of my favorite places to visit!

It's one of my favorite places to visit too, And for the same reason.

Happy holidays to all!

[C]All I want for Christmas is [A7]another ukulele, in my [D7]Christmas stocking, [G7]hanging in the [C]wall

I hope your Christmas is a happy one Jared, and you receive a gift that will allow you to grow musically and be able to continue to express yourself through music.

You are very talented. Have fun regardless, and enjoy the holidays.

To be honest, I am not sure of the model myself. It was so long ago when I got it.

In any case, thanks for everything you said.

Jared

I’ve been listening to some of your videos, well done young man, I think you do very well.

I think that I’ve identified your Uke via Amazon.com, this one though it’s likely no longer available: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000KFX1OM/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=justprofit-20

To me it looks like a basic entry model and you make it play very well, your next Uke will likely be a step-up model. I started to play on a basic entry model and now use relatively inexpensive step-up models. My basic and step-up models have responded really well to a good set-up, bone saddle and better strings, and after that the more I practice the better I sound.

I recon we’re all hoping for something good for you on Christmas Day.

Last edited:
I hope your Christmas is a happy one Jared, and you receive a gift that will allow you to grow musically and be able to continue to express yourself through music.

You are very talented. Have fun regardless, and enjoy the holidays.

Thank you. I appreciate the comment. I will have a good Christmas regardless. I always do!

I actually heading to North Idaho tomorrow for a funeral. I am taking my Soprano with me for the day before the funeral. I am showing some friends how I play.

Jared

Thank you. I appreciate the comment. I will have a good Christmas regardless. I always do!

I actually heading to North Idaho tomorrow for a funeral. I am taking my Soprano with me for the day before the funeral. I am showing some friends how I play.

Jared

Our sympathy on the loss of your friend or relative, Jared. Perhaps you can lift some spirits with your uke.

Top Bottom