If you can only have 1 ukulele for the rest of your life...

Choose your one and only uke!

• Sopranissimo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sopranino

• Soprano

Votes: 29 20.3%
  • Long Neck Soprano

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Concert

Votes: 40 28.0%
  • Long Neck Concert

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Tenor

Votes: 36 25.2%
  • Long Neck Tenor

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Baritone

Votes: 16 11.2%
  • Guitalele

• Total voters
My fingers insist on concerts. I have one super soprano, (so, concert neck), and the rest are concerts.

One size left out of the poll was the Ohta San, (and similar sized ukes, since Ono and others also have this size as an option.)
I could see that being a perfect size for some.

We're lucky to have so many options.

I had to look that up. Just when I thought I had it figured out. :rolleyes:

Such a simple instrument to play, so complicated to shop for (only if you want to make it complicated).

Add me to the baritone club!

I keep slipping down to lower tones. First I wanted lower notes than C, so I put on a low G string. Then I wanted lower than G so I went baritone and got down to D. Now I want that lower C. It's never ending!

I'm also looking to add a 5th string to my bass

I picked "concert", because:
1. It fits my hands, they don't feel cramped, and I can reach most but all the most difficult chords.
2. The tone, I get somewhere between that clangy soprano sound which kinda bothers my ear, and the sound of a tenor, which I like.
3. It doesn't make me look fat.

I had to look that up. Just when I thought I had it figured out. :rolleyes:

Such a simple instrument to play, so complicated to shop for (only if you want to make it complicated).

Not complicated at all. Buy at least one of every size, or 2 of each size if you want high g and low g. :)

It is amazing that we have so many options.

Concert, for no other reason than I play concert size, which by the way was and is an arbitrary decision on my part. There has been very little thought given to the choice.

I concert as the middle of the road between soprano and tenor. But I play sopranos, long neck sopranos, concerts, 16" scale concert and tenors. Wow and just one so the concert seems like the middle of the road. From the title of the tread, I thought it was pick just one uke you own or would want as the one and only uke.

Thanks for the fun poll.

Not complicated at all. Buy at least one of every size, or 2 of each size if you want high g and low g. :)

It is amazing that we have so many options.

That's part of what I love about the ukulele. There's choice of body size, choice of neck length, put a ukulele head / neck on a banjo - banjolele, but it with a guitar, etc. And that doesn't begin to address wood choices, cutouts, cutaways, etc. Ukuleles are are awesome!

Whoa so many votes for tenor!! Y’all must have stretchy fingers lol

I voted long neck soprano bc some standard sopranos only have 12 frets and I want 15 for harmonics!!

Haven't read the entire thread, but maybe a steel body resonator, at least it shouldn't wear out!

Whoa so many votes for tenor!! Y’all must have stretchy fingers lol

I voted long neck soprano bc some standard sopranos only have 12 frets and I want 15 for harmonics!!

This survey has been done before, and the tenor always wins, followed by the concert and the soprano.

Currently concert scale has more votes than tenor scale, if you count the small bodied versions.
Depending on how many "long neck sopranos" are tenor scale.
Concert + LNS = 29+9 = 38
Tenor + LNC = 30+3 =33
Interesting.

Currently concert scale has more votes than tenor scale, if you count the small bodied versions.
Depending on how many "long neck sopranos" are tenor scale.
Concert + LNS = 29+9 = 38
Tenor + LNC = 30+3 =33
Interesting.

Good point! But, the question was "if you could only have one uke" nothing about scale, I prefer concert scale, but if I could only have one uke, I'd keep my old Martin, it's amazing.

Good point! But, the question was "if you could only have one uke" nothing about scale, I prefer concert scale, but if I could only have one uke, I'd keep my old Martin, it's amazing.

Yeah, I prefer concert scale but voted tenor because my favorite uke is a tenor. Same same. This poll is a bit different this way. But still, I imagined that on average the scale preferences would show through.

Yeah, I prefer concert scale but voted tenor because my favorite uke is a tenor. Same same. This poll is a bit different this way. But still, I imagined that on average the scale preferences would show through.

Also, it's just a snapshot in time. I voted LN Soprano even though I don't currently own one. Less than a week later, I'm thinking I would just keep my Opio standard soprano.

I like the playability of my Concert, but I like the sound and versatility of my Cut-away Tenor. A Long Neck would add to that.

That being said, I am drawn to a Baritone my local shop has — the richness and fullness wraps it’s mellifluous arms around me.

One day, perhaps.
Perhaps, one day.

Top Bottom