Seeking comments on two ukuleles

‘‘Tis finished.

After talking with Mike at Uke Republic, I took his suggestion and ordered a Ohana Cynthia Lin Signature series concert. I have no doubt I will be pleased. Mike is a Georgia boy and super easy to do business. I totally believe he was honest with me about my choice.

Already shipped.

I know some won’t agree with my decision, and that’s okay. Way way too many choices.

I know some won’t agree with my decision, and that’s okay. Way way too many choices.

No sense driving yourself crazy. You made a good choice based on your needs and budget. I am sure it will be a pleasure. Enjoy!

I expect you to be very happy with the Ukulele, I never heard anybody complain about the bang for the buck on an Ohana.
And I think the Cynthia Lee model is a better option than the two ukuleles that you were looking at in the original post.
Happy strumming!

I expect you to be very happy with the Ukulele, I never heard anybody complain about the bang for the buck on an Ohana.
And I think the Cynthia Lee model is a better option than the two ukuleles that you were looking at in the original post.
Happy strumming!

Thanks for the positive post. I don’t know much about Ohana, but Mims and Mike at Uke Republic sure seem confident about them. I bet I have mine Monday.

You know, this was a tough decision. Even though I have been playing uke for 6 years, I haven’t purchased a lot of ukes, and my skill level is somewhere between seasoned beginner and immediate. Don’t know much. I hate being ignorant. Should have put in more practice and study.

Now, mountain dulcimer and harmonicas, that’s another story. With those, I know exactly what I need and want. No second guessing. Kind of liberating.

I second the notion that you most probably made a good choice. While not having played the exact model, I know from experience that Ohana ukes are good value for money in that mid-range tier of ukes. Personally, I don't fancy these celebrity endorsed instruments but if you're looking for something a bit different looks-wise they can be a decent choice. Just be aware that it is specifically the looks and some other details you're usually paying extra for.

I took delivery on my CL concert early this morning. Quick delivery. Ordered Thursday around noon.

Gorgeous instrument, with not too much bling. I like the Worth strings. I asked Mike to set it up with very low action due to arthritis in both hands. He did, and I love it. A pleasure to play. If my wife didn’t have me painting this morning, I’d be strumming now. Love the tones of this uke. Sweeter than sweet.
I am pleased.

The gig bag that came with it is nice and very well padded. Kind of snug, but that’s perhaps not a bad thing.

So, Uke Republic? Yes indeed.

I took delivery on my CL concert early this morning. Quick delivery. Ordered Thursday around noon.

Gorgeous instrument, with not too much bling. I like the Worth strings. I asked Mike to set it up with very low action due to arthritis in both hands. He did, and I love it. A pleasure to play. If my wife didn’t have me painting this morning, I’d be strumming now. Love the tones of this uke. Sweeter than sweet.
I am pleased.

The gig bag that came with it is nice and very well padded. Kind of snug, but that’s perhaps not a bad thing.

So, Uke Republic? Yes indeed.

Congrats! I was going to say not go with the VanderWaal or the Hola, but you came to that conclusion yourself. The ukulele you bought should be great for your future...and you can start saving up for whatever that next ukulele will be!

Congrats! I was going to say not go with the VanderWaal or the Hola, but you came to that conclusion yourself. The ukulele you bought should be great for your future...and you can start saving up for whatever that next ukulele will be!

Thank you. After practicing with it for an hour this afternoon, I like it even more. It’s not the loudest uke I’ve played, but the volume is adequate for my needs. Also, I’m not banging away, treating it gingerly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom